iPhone-How to upgrade, wipe old phone

markw10

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I am planning on buying an iPhone 4 any day now for both me and my fiancee and currently both of us having iPhone 3G's. My plan is once I get the iPhone 4's to sell the two iPhone 3G's on ebay.
I have two questions:

I have never gone through an upgrade before. I am looking at options such as Radio Shack, AT&T (Refurbished) and Apple. When I buy one do I activate it on the spot in the store or do I get it and then have 30 days to active it? I know when I connect my iPhone to iTunes it backs up.
When I get a new phone do I connect to iTunes to activate and then restore the backup?

The second question is how to securely and completely wipe the old phone. I want to make sure since I'm selling it on ebay that no one can get data off of it and obviously I want to do this after I active and have my new phone working. What is the best way to do this?

Thanks for your help with the above questions.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
if you go to Apple it'll be activated there and then you just plug it into your computer and it'll recognize it's a new iphone and you can restore from backup and viola upgrade as for ATT refurb or radio shack i'm not sure if they come activated or not, i don't think and once you plug into iTunes it'll activate them

As for wiping data once you know the backup restore was successful, just go to settings -> general -> reset -> erase all content and settings

and follow the prompts

hope this helps

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW