How can I wipe iPhone but keep Jailbreak?

marvi0

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Hello everyone i really need advice. I want to sell my jailbroken and unlocked iPhone 3gs, but i don't want to loose the jailbreak and unlock, as that is what the buyer wants. Now my question is , if i was to wipe the phone under settings, to bring the iPhone back to factory settings, does it mean it would have to be reconected again, t iTunes, in order for it to be used again?. If so would i be able, to refuse to update to the new software, and keep it as it is? Please help. Or is their any option of wiping without having to go back to iTunes.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If you wipe your iPhone (restore), yes...you lose your jailbreak. If you're talking about the "Reset" function under general settings, that isn't wiping the phone at all, it's just adjusting personal settings back to default.

To wipe your info completely clean from the iPhone, you must restore, and upon restoring, you lose your JB.

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
sorry, reading again I realise that I wasn't clear.

If you choose 'Erase and Delete All Settings' from Settings > General > Reset then all of your content (music, mail, apps, contact ect) will be deleted but the Jailbreak (Cydia) will remain.

If you restore on iTunes then you will need to Re-jailbreak