New to Iphone4 don't flame me for another battery life question :)

bripat22

Jun 8, 2008
Visit site
Ok

Location services off
Wifi off
Brightness at 50%
no push
No gaming
Some web browsing email checking and texting. Maybe 1-3 you tubes

I'm getting 6-7 hrs of usage

Bad or pretty average?

toomanyphones

Oct 14, 2008
Visit site
I can usually get 15 to 20 hrs with wifi off, iPod running podcasts and about 1 hours of calls in between, moderate text and email and brightness at 95%. But throw in a day like yesterday when I am in a building with little or no signal and I was down to 30% after 5 hours. Bottom line is battery life is different for everyone and location can make a big difference.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about the actual usage time. If it makes it through the day that's good and just charge it every night. Turning everything off like that kind of defeats the purpose of having an iPhone IMO. Although I will say since getting the 4.1 OS wifi seems to really eat the battery if you leave it on now.

auntiewiv

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
The Wifi radio actually uses less power than the 3G radios. Have wifi on all day and GSM only, push enabled and 4-5 hours a day use and I can get atleast 16 hours.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
...seems like a moderate use norm. I see slightly less using mine alot and not paying attention to the battery hogging elements.

flamethrower.jpg

bripat22

Jun 8, 2008
Visit site
Yeah. It's better then the life on my 3GS and I appreciate the comment about not worrying about usage so much. I guess reading those boasts about people getting 15-20 hrs with heavy gaming and all bells and whistles got me panicky. I'm loving my phone !!!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
yeah I'm loving my battery life on 4.2.1 but you just have to remember to plug in when you can. I don't know why people think plugging in the phone more than once a day is like a crime? I think alot of people came from basic cellphones which didn't have anything except a phone and the battery lasted for days so now we've gotten used to that being the norm.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods