Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Default New to Iphone4 don't flame me for another battery life question :)

Ok

Location services off
    Wifi off
    Brightness at 50%
    no push
    No gaming
    Some web browsing email checking and texting. Maybe 1-3 you tubes

I'm getting 6-7 hrs of usage

Bad or pretty average?
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,977 Global Posts

Depends on what "Some web browsing email and texting." actually means ... Sounds normal if you are a moderate user.
    iPhone Intermediate

I can usually get 15 to 20 hrs with wifi off, iPod running podcasts and about 1 hours of calls in between, moderate text and email and brightness at 95%. But throw in a day like yesterday when I am in a building with little or no signal and I was down to 30% after 5 hours. Bottom line is battery life is different for everyone and location can make a big difference.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,890 Global Posts

I wouldn't worry about the actual usage time. If it makes it through the day that's good and just charge it every night. Turning everything off like that kind of defeats the purpose of having an iPhone IMO. Although I will say since getting the 4.1 OS wifi seems to really eat the battery if you leave it on now.
    iPhone Intermediate

I find with every new phone I get, the battery life "suck". And it's all my fault since I can't put it down. Lol.
    iMore Beginner

The Wifi radio actually uses less power than the 3G radios. Have wifi on all day and GSM only, push enabled and 4-5 hours a day use and I can get atleast 16 hours.
    Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

...seems like a moderate use norm. I see slightly less using mine alot and not paying attention to the battery hogging elements.

8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Yeah. It's better then the life on my 3GS and I appreciate the comment about not worrying about usage so much. I guess reading those boasts about people getting 15-20 hrs with heavy gaming and all bells and whistles got me panicky. I'm loving my phone !!!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,341 Global Posts

yeah I'm loving my battery life on 4.2.1 but you just have to remember to plug in when you can. I don't know why people think plugging in the phone more than once a day is like a crime? I think alot of people came from basic cellphones which didn't have anything except a phone and the battery lasted for days so now we've gotten used to that being the norm.