Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    KevvyMcD's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    16 Posts

    Default Jailbreak App that Records Pandora Songs to your iPod App

    Hello All

    I'm looking for an app that one of my buddies showed me but I forgot the name to and I'd like to grab it off Cydia. If any of you could help me that would be great.

    The app records songs as your listening to Pandora and puts them into your iPod app for future listening.

    THANKS GUYS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP
  2. #2  
    macharborguy's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    381 Posts

    Default

    not going to help you with piracy, music, app or otherwise
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    KevvyMcD's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    16 Posts

    Default

    then why waste time posting

    oh and its only piracy if your wearing an eye-patch

    Which I am not...
  4. #4  
    Ipheuria's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    6,785 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,818 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

    Default

    This is the reason record labels are so retarded when people want digital files without any protection so they can use it on any media. The prob is when people want to get the music for free. Why did I just post that? because it's a forum and I'm giving my opinion.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
  5. #5  
    slide's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    224 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevvyMcD View Post
    then why waste time posting

    oh and its only piracy if your wearing an eye-patch

    Which I am not...
    Post your address so I can rob your house. It's not burglary because I won't wear a mask.
  6. #6  
    macharborguy's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    381 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevvyMcD View Post
    then why waste time posting

    oh and its only piracy if your wearing an eye-patch

    Which I am not...
    its a forum rule to not talk about and/or promote piracy.
  7. #7  
    ghostface147's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,399 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,478 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    10B329

    Default

    This is in the wrong forum. Get it together mods! lol
  8. #8  
    jamdev's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default

    I'm not a lawyer .... but i believe recording songs from pandora is legal.

    Pandora is internet radio .... just like listening to your local radio station online.

    Recording the radio for personal use IS legal.

    Posting those recorded songs on the internet or sharing them IS NOT legal.
  9. #9  
    sting7k's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,530 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,255 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamdev View Post
    I'm not a lawyer .... but i believe recording songs from pandora is legal.

    Pandora is internet radio .... just like listening to your local radio station online.

    Recording the radio for personal use IS legal.

    Posting those recorded songs on the internet or sharing them IS NOT legal.
    From Pandora's terms of use;

    "You can't use Pandora to steal music, and you have to listen to it through pandora.com or on a device officially supported by Pandora."

    "3. RESTRICTIONS

    You agree that you will not:

    3.1 use the Pandora Services to reproduce copyrighted materials;

    3.2 copy, store, edit, change, prepare any derivative work of or alter in any way any of the tracks streamed through the Pandora Services;"



    Piracy is not supported in this forum, please read the agreements you sign.
  10. #10  
    itsalexaye's Avatar
    iPhone Pro

    Posts
    690 Posts
    Global Posts
    693 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.1

    Default

    um it is piracy because you are downloading it for free! you need to pay for your music, and its also against these forums rules!
    iPhone 4S ~ 32GB ~ Verizon
    Twitter
  11. #11  
    jsntrenkler's Avatar

    Posts
    2,103 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,387 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0.1

    Default

    @jamdev, Pandora isn't the same as it's actually sending over a copy of the content owners file, that's what makes it tricky. None the less, wrong forum to ask for such a thing, it's not what pandora intended it's use for. You can however purchase any track you would like from within pandora, they even give you handy links to iTunes :-)
  12. #12  
    pizzafootbal's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    224 Posts
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts

    Default

    So, you're saying you bought a $200 dollar iPod or however much you payed, and you are not willing to pay for a song that costs 1 dollar?
  13. #13  
    Sketso's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    115 Posts
    iOS Version
    5.0.1

    Default

    Yaarrrrrggh! Take yer search for th' lost treasures o' Pandora elsewhere, matey!
  14. #14  
    rgar3388's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    225 Posts
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.0.2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamdev View Post
    I'm not a lawyer .... but i believe recording songs from pandora is legal.

    Pandora is internet radio .... just like listening to your local radio station online.

    Recording the radio for personal use IS legal.

    Posting those recorded songs on the internet or sharing them IS NOT legal.
    Your argument certainly makes sense. However, I believe there have been new laws set in place because of the new technology age where you can get songs for free off the internet. Maybe in the 90s when you could record off the radio with a tape was okay because the record labels weren't really losing money yet. Nonetheless, I'm with everyone else, say no to piracy. There's a reason why pandora is able to put out all the awesome music with minimal ads, and why it's the best radio station ever. Let's not ruin that.
  15. #15  
    sting7k's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,530 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,255 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rgar3388 View Post
    Your argument certainly makes sense. However, I believe there have been new laws set in place because of the new technology age where you can get songs for free off the internet. Maybe in the 90s when you could record off the radio with a tape was okay because the record labels weren't really losing money yet. Nonetheless, I'm with everyone else, say no to piracy. There's a reason why pandora is able to put out all the awesome music with minimal ads, and why it's the best radio station ever. Let's not ruin that.
    It's legal when you don't agree not to do it, to use Pandora you agree to not do it.
  16. #16  
    rgar3388's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    225 Posts
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.0.2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sting7k View Post
    It's legal when you don't agree not to do it, to use Pandora you agree to not do it.
    Amen. Gotcha. Listen to sting. Don't do it.
  17. #17  
    graysonip's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    17 Posts

    Default

    Goodness. I'm impressed with the integrity of this group.
  18. #18  
    Peligro911's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,696 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,743 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by graysonip View Post
    Goodness. I'm impressed with the integrity of this group.
    Me too ! Google search will prob get your answer but when you get fined for something that cost a buck you will be sorry!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

B