Plastic film on back of the iphone 4

Daytona

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
As you all know when you opened your iphone 4 for the first time whether in the store or at home theres was a protective film on the front and backside of the phone. Of course the front one had to be removed as it didnt have the "cut out" for the ear piece to be able to hear clearly while on a call.

However, I was curious to know if others left on the plastic film on the back of the phone like I have. I found this has protected it from getting scratches and its been holding up really well. It has yet to start peeling. I simply used a pair of scissors and cut off the little tab part that hangs by the dock connecter and I was good to go.

Has anyone else done this?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I actually have both of mine. I like it because it's done by Apple so there are no air bubbles like a screen protector. I peeled the corner back on both front and back and used scissors to cut the strip off that covers the top part of the phone where the earpeice and front camera. Then the part that covers the home button. The back I did like you but I have my phone in a case so the it lasts longer on the phone.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Actually it doesn't matter who its done by. Anyone can install a screen protector and not have air bubbles. You just need to install it right.

I agree, for me it took many attempts to master this skill, for most it is easy for them. However, once you get it down it's like riding a bike.

boss75

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I had no problem putting a back glass protector on the phone without bubbles in it. It's flat so it's real easy. The 3G I had previously was a little harder to do but I got that one on after a little work with no air bubbles too.

714X

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
On my first iphone, I kept the back plastic film, & cut out a slot for the camera. However on my current (2nd) Iphone, I simply just removed the whole thing. Both phones were in a case.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Awesome...these guys want to hang out with you asap OP...

bio-1964-mom-dad-w.jpg

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have protectors on the front and back, I didn't need to keep that on. I can't imagine having the factory plastic on for all these months anyway. lol

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Actually it doesn't matter who its done by. Anyone can install a screen protector and not have air bubbles. You just need to install it right.

it's great you guys can install it right, my point was that for me the plastic covering is already on the phone from Apple with no air bubbles or dust particles. So I kept it on, it's in a case so it will probably be on for the life of the phone anyway. So I don't need to learn to put a protector on because I have no need.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
it's great you guys can install it right, my point was that for me the plastic covering is already on the phone from Apple with no air bubbles or dust particles. So I kept it on, it's in a case so it will probably be on for the life of the phone anyway. So I don't need to learn to put a protector on because I have no need.

You do know those flims are to protect it while its in transient and in no way made for protecting it in the real world. Whats what products like iinvisible shield is for. You don't need to "learn" anything. If you can read instructions, wash your hands and have paintence you can install those shields.

and Apple doesn't make it. Fox Crom does.

Chavista

Aug 31, 2009
Visit site
In my experience those films are used to prevent scratches and what not during shipping and handling, when you start to use the device with the film on it, eventually its going to get hot and cause problems with the film sticking to the surface, it looks nasty . . . . but it would look even worse when you have to use a razor blade to scrape it off the back of your phone. Ouch! :)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
You do know those flims are to protect it while its in transient and in no way made for protecting it in the real world. Whats what products like iinvisible shield is for. You don't need to "learn" anything. If you can read instructions, wash your hands and have paintence you can install those shields.

and Apple doesn't make it. Fox Crom does.

Are you serious? first of all my phone is in a case I don't expect the plastic to protect the phone from anything. Great you can follow instructions and put on screen protectors and I can't wohoo. Lastly I don't care if Apple makes it or Foxconn that is so irrelevant to the point. The OP asked a question and I answered, you like to use a screen protector all power to you.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
In my experience those films are used to prevent scratches and what not during shipping and handling, when you start to use the device with the film on it, eventually its going to get hot and cause problems with the film sticking to the surface, it looks nasty . . . . but it would look even worse when you have to use a razor blade to scrape it off the back of your phone. Ouch! :)

I'm gonna have to disagree you with you on that one, maybe it's just because I'm in a colder climate but I've had mine on since July and I can peel it off just as easy as if it was bought just yesterday. I think the fact that it's glass, not plastic or plexiglass or something means even if you did peel it off and there was residue a little rubbing alcohol would take it off. Just my opinion though :)

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm gonna have to disagree you with you on that one, maybe it's just because I'm in a colder climate but I've had mine on since July and I can peel it off just as easy as if it was bought just yesterday. I think the fact that it's glass, not plastic or plexiglass or something means even if you did peel it off and there was residue a little rubbing alcohol would take it off. Just my opinion though :)

There is a thing called over heating. It doesn't matter if its glass or what not. The battery can still overheat

Are you serious? first of all my phone is in a case I don't expect the plastic to protect the phone from anything. Great you can follow instructions and put on screen protectors and I can't wohoo. Lastly I don't care if Apple makes it or Foxconn that is so irrelevant to the point. The OP asked a question and I answered, you like to use a screen protector all power to you.

Hey, you said Apple makes the phone. I corrected you.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77