Question about charging/discharging iPhone 4

GPD1739A

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed something recently that seems odd, and I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this as well.

I currently own an iPhone 4 and iPad 64GB/3G, and at my "central" home charging station I have the 10amp iPad charging "brick" connected to the standard white Apple charging cord.

I've been charging both the iPad and the iPhone on that 10amp brick, and have recently noticed that my iPhone is discharging much faster than before. I haven't changed any of my settings on the iPhone to cause the phone to discharge faster, and I'm religious about closing out apps (as well as doing a full power off and power on) regularly.

Prior to my recent charging regimen, I used to make sure my iPhone had as close to a 100% charge as possible before heading to bed, and in the morning I'd have close to 95% battery life left. Just recently, however, I've noticed that I can lose as much as 20% or more overnight.

I'm wondering if the faster/higher amperage charge of the iPad brick isn't giving the iPhone the best charge. In the last day or two, I've tried using my backup charging battery (an Energizer EnergiToGo 8000mAh battery), and while it takes longer to charge the iPhone to 100%, it appears that the discharge of the iPhone also takes longer after the battery charge method as opposed to the iPad 10a charging brick method.

Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions/comments would be welcome!

--Chris

GPD1739A

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I can confidently say that it's not the Find My Phone feature, as I haven't turned that on. I have location services turned off regularly, and when I head to bed I turn off all sounds (except for the actual phone ringer) and notifications.

Lifein2D

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I have Find my iPhone turned on and I haven't noticed any battery drain...

Push email is the only thing I've noticed has a huge hit on battery

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner