I'm over my Blackberry/Evo 4G obsession...

icehead13

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Going to get my Iphone 4 back in January. Yea! Tought I wanted Evo, but it's too big and a crappy battery. Blackberry is a work tool first Social tool second, and thats okay too. I just think the IP4 is probably what i need for the next 2 years.

fubaracing7374

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I tried out the EVO for a couple of weeks, I still tether from it at work where I get no AT&T signal, but my 30 days is up. It's nice but the iPhone is the phone for me too!!!

grittyman

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm the complete opposite. Went from EVO to iPhone 4, now thinking about going back to Sprint...

Love the phone, but I moved to a new area where AT&T service isn't the greatest.

Watcher

May 29, 2009
Visit site
No one should ever have to suffer shoddy cellphone service for how much they pay these carriers on yearly contracts. I don't care if the phone is the best thing since sliced bread... if I can't get good reception at my home or if I drop calls constantly, that phone will be returned for a full refund and the carrier will be left if they can't resolve it!

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
People should really chose the carrier first, then the phone. Yes I know the iPhone is cool and has a shiny Apple logo but ypou really have to ask your self these two things:

1. Do the plans suit me.
2. How well is the service in MY AREA.

In my case I wanted the iPhone and I still do, but I did not like AT&Ts plans, let alone the $500 deposit. I'm not sure of the service, so I won't comment on that. But why would I spend well over $700 on a phone? I don't care if it has a shinny Apple logo on it. My budget did not call for that and even if I put it on credit, I still did not want to pay that much, let alone has crappy plans and spend way over $100 each month.

Hopefully the iPhone 5 will be different. VErizon or sprint anyone?

Going to get my Iphone 4 back in January. Yea! Tought I wanted Evo, but it's too big and a crappy battery. Blackberry is a work tool first Social tool second, and thats okay too. I just think the IP4 is probably what i need for the next 2 years.

The evo is big, but I like it. More screen = more room to work. might not be good for those with small hands or those who wear girly pants, but I love the large screen. I just wish it had more colors on the screen. (like the iPhone 4)

and yes it does have a crappy battery, but I found if you turn off the services you do not use, and even let the battery fully drain a few times battery life will improve.

Videos - Free video downloads and streaming video - CNET TV

I'm the complete opposite. Went from EVO to iPhone 4, now thinking about going back to Sprint...

Love the phone, but I moved to a new area where AT&T service isn't the greatest.

If the service is not good, then leave. Why pay for crappy service?

fubaracing7374

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I work inside a building that doesn't get good AT&T service, although everywhere else it does. I tried out the EVO and liked it but can't part with my iPhone so now time for me to get the Virgin Mobil MiFi card and all is fixed!!

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I work inside a building that doesn't get good AT&T service, although everywhere else it does. I tried out the EVO and liked it but can't part with my iPhone so now time for me to get the Virgin Mobil MiFi card and all is fixed!!

with me I don't think I'd like the EVO is it didnt have HTC sense.

On my iPad, I still like iOS, though I wish apple would have taken advantage of the screen and not have the icons spaced that far apart.

fubaracing7374

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah Sense wasn't bad but I'm in an iPhone family and we all play Words with Friends and without cross platform integration, I'm stuck! :)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
In my case I wanted the iPhone and I still do, but I did not like AT&Ts plans, let alone the $500 deposit. I'm not sure of the service, so I won't comment on that. But why would I spend well over $700 on a phone? I don't care if it has a shinny Apple logo on it. My budget did not call for that and even if I put it on credit, I still did not want to pay that much, let alone has crappy plans and spend way over $100 each month.

$500 deposit? lmao...who'd you piss off?

As far as the rate plans go, they are really no different than anyone else, and with roll over minutes, you actually come out cheaper than most companies (verizon and sprint especially), and even further cheaper if you start up a family plan (which is what me and my wife did and it has worked out to about $70/month with basically unlimited minutes, unlimited mms/sms, internet tethering and about 3gb/month of data usage surcharges).

I've had AT&T, Sprint and Verizon and none of them stand out as better than the other when it comes to service or price in the Atlanta area.

grittyman

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
If the service is not good, then leave. Why pay for crappy service?

I just recently moved, and went thru several steps (exchanging iphone, new sim card, etc) before I came to the conclusion that the iphone/ATT just was not going to work out for me. My wife has Sprint and gets great reception where we live.

So now I'm in the process of selling my iphone and probably going EVO

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't have bad credit, just limited credit. (I'm only 20)

$500 deposit? lmao...who'd you piss off?

:D

As far as the rate plans go, they are really no different than anyone else, and with roll over minutes, you actually come out cheaper than most companies (verizon and sprint especially), and even further cheaper if you start up a family plan (which is what me and my wife did and it has worked out to about $70/month with basically unlimited minutes, unlimited mms/sms, internet tethering and about 3gb/month of data usage surcharges).

See, I don't really talk much on the phone. I'm the only one using the phone. Most of the people that I'd call are on cell phones, so the mobile to mobile is kind of neat. But l.ike I said, I don't talk much.

i talked a total of 42 minutes out of my 450 since nov. 5th,.

but paying little over $100 each month or $80.

I still like the iPhone though.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The pricing tier you're referring to though applies to really ANY modern smart phone...droids, BB's, iPhones...no matter what service you're using, $80+/month is pretty much the norm now. A few years ago before the iPhone and Droids were around, sure...you could have a Blackberry with a $50-$60/month bill and be fine, but you also werent using anywhere NEAR the amount of data back then on Pearl or Curve or even an old Treo.

I was simply pointing out that going to Sprint or Verizon vs. using AT&T will NOT save you money, in fact, you may end up spending more money per month than you were. People naively get irritated with the service provider they are with when a bill is too high or something happens with the service and they, by nature, assume the grass is greener at another provider...when this simply isnt true. They all have their gimmicks, but what people pay for their smart phones from company to company really is negligible when it comes to savings, i mean if there really was a better alternative that clearly saved you money, EVERYONE would move to that.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Alright. I went to Apple's website and went though the process of setting up a plan. 9AT&T wont let me see the monthly price till the end) and here is what I came up with

• 450 minutes $39.99/mo
  • 2GB $25.00/mo
  • Unlimited $20.00/mo (To match that of what I set on sprint)

• Plan Total: $84.99/mo
of course this is not the entire list and I know you get more.

on Sprint I get

• Everything Data 450 $69.99
  • 450 Anytime Minutes Included
  • Nationwide Long Distance Included
  • America - Roaming Included
  • Unlimited Any Mobile, Anytime
  • Unlimited SMS Text Messaging
  • Unlimited Picture Mail
  • Unlimited Data Usage
  • GPS Navigation
  • Sprint Data Essentials Pack
  • Nights: M-TH 7pm-7am Wknd: F 7pm-M 7am
  • Caller ID
  • Call Waiting
  • Three-Way Calling
  • Voicemail
Plan total: $79.99/mo including the $10 4G network surcharge. For example, these extras like navigation or data essentials pack. I don't pay extras for. Your right, every carrier has a gimmick, just like AT&T's $350 early Termination fee.I chose sprint because of what I mentoned before, but also because I liked what was included.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
But what you fail to include on there is AT&T's roll over minutes are included in ALL packages, not to mention the family circle feature that allows you to include numbers from other carriers (up to 10 i believe) that run like the nights and weekends unlimited minutes (no charge)...me and my wife started with a 1400 minute plan and ended up with so many roll over minutes after 2 months that we are both now on the shared 450 plan, and still have like 5,000 roll over minutes and almost every person we call on the family circle thing...which uses no minutes.

Keep in mind too (as i see you bolded a few of the features)...the AT&T plan includes ALL of those things as well (including a plethora of free and paid GPS navi apps for almost every smart phone), and on sprint, "picture mail" is NOT the same as MMS, i know this because my work BB bold is a sprint phone and sending/receiving pics is a pain in the ass sometimes through that service, where as MMS is simply the same as SMS but with pics or videos.

If it works for you then great! but personally, id rather have the minutes included in mine for a few bucks more and not have to worry about that...GPS navigation is something pretty much anyone can get for free now, even people on Tmobile.

btw...the "unlimited data usage" thing will end very soon with Sprint, and they too will be on a tiered data plan service like AT&T. They really had no network hogging phones for a long time, NOTHING compared to the iPhone (even now), but with the 4G droid phones filling up their ranks, they'll be making the move soon too.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Sprint customer service is BY FAR the worst cellular CS ive ever dealt with...it's simply unbearable at times. I've heard horror stories about AT&T too, but thankfully i have an Apple device that just works and i have no need to call AT&T because for as long as i can remember now, we've just used our phones and paid our bills, no fuss.

Also...

If you want to save money, find someone and get a family plan.

+1

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Sprint customer service is BY FAR the worst cellular CS ive ever dealt with...it's simply unbearable at times. I've heard horror stories about AT&T too, but thankfully i have an Apple device that just works and i have no need to call AT&T because for as long as i can remember now, we've just used our phones and paid our bills, no fuss.

Also...

+1

Yep, good ole sprint. Once past 30 days, you get stuck in refurb land. (there's usually a reason its a refurb which you get to figure out later).

"Do you have insurance?" (never mind they're supposed to honor a one year warranty) "i can get you a refurb next week..come back later"

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Why would I go on a family plan if I'm the only one using the phone? :confused:

I still fail to see how ATT is cheaper.

Like I said, maybe once I start bulidng credit I'll get an iphone, but for me at this moment its out of my price range.

and I only had one problem with my phone and I took it in three days to the Best Buy mobile store and did a trade in. Plus I have the Best buy geek squad coverage so I'm covered though them too.

and nothing is wrong with refurbished phones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh