Okay so is this "glassgate" a real issue?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
This is why my 4 still has both the back and front plastic covers on. The ones that are on it when you pick it up. Then I put it in a tank of an Otterbo Defender case, I take it out every Monday to clean it. :D

OutSpoken

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
My iP4 has front and back screen covers on, plus its wrapped in a pixel HD case.

Its a shame really, because I really would like to wear it naked...but too many scare stories of dropped and cracked screens. Not that I'm clumsy...but accidents can happen and I've paid too much money for this phone too chance it.

OutSpoken

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
[Apple - Support - AppleCare - iPhone

Yes, however the problem with all these warranty plans such as AppleCare are that...they don't cover accidental damage...and thats the main cover I would want.

I have applecare for my MBP, but as it mainly stays at home and normally placed on a table or some other flat surfice... I dont run the risk of accidently breaking it. So the cover is really for hardware failure.

Now regarding my iPhone, its small, mobile and gets taken everywhere with me, so hugely a greater risk. Now if apple provided some sort of accidental damage with their care, then I probably would take the cover.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Whats so funny?:rolleyes:

The fact there ARE actually companies that offer that type of care...e.g Dell (Complete Care) and HP (Total Care), all covering accidental damages.

What's so funny is the product you're talking about...a cell phone. Dell and HP can offer accidental care on laptops because they are BY LEAPS AND BOUNDS less likely to be involved in an accident vs. a cell phone. The companies that offer the accidental coverage on phones are usually a pain in the ass to get the ball rolling with in the first place...and the simple fact that most of society are made up of shady and unethical individuals that would make the legitimacy of such a program on a phone, ESPECIALLY the iPhone which has a newer and better replacement every year, a useless and asinine investment for ANY company to make.

To be honest...its not really funny at all, its just stupid. :eek:

OutSpoken

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
What's so funny is the product you're talking about...a cell phone. Dell and HP can offer accidental care on laptops because they are BY LEAPS AND BOUNDS less likely to be involved in an accident vs. a cell phone. The companies that offer the accidental coverage on phones are usually a pain in the ass to get the ball rolling with in the first place...and the simple fact that most of society are made up of shady and unethical individuals that would make the legitimacy of such a program on a phone, ESPECIALLY the iPhone which has a newer and better replacement every year, a useless and asinine investment for ANY company to make.

To be honest...its not really funny at all, its just stupid. :eek:

"by leaps and bounds" oh yeah....where's your statistics? Exactly, you have none... Lets be honest, you thought there were no personal computer companies offering that type of cover right. Anyway you have your own opinion on the matter and I have mine, so let's just leave it there.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
"by leaps and bounds" oh yeah....where's your statistics? Exactly, you have none... Lets be honest, you thought there were no personal computer companies offering that type of cover right. Anyway you have your own opinion on the matter and I have mine, so let's just leave it there.

I personally dont care enough about the conversation to go researching statistics, but if you're IQ is higher than, say, a half retarded giraffe, id think you'd easily accept that what i said is, in fact, exactly right.

As far as being honest...i was perfectly aware that there is accidental coverage on almost ANY electronic equipment you buy, even phones (Best Buy has a doozie of a plan where you pay some stupid amount of money to cover what is essentially a deductible of like $85 and they replace your phone...i think for a time they were even offering it on the iPhone)...but in case you havent lived in the real world very long, its safe to say that these 3rd party accident protection plans are about as helpful and legitimate as those offered on cars (maintenance plans/extended warranties)...getting into the fine print of things, you find that you've essentially paid for a VERY scrutinized warranty...which in the end usually costs MORE than the phone costs to replace, not to mention the deductible, lol.

And since you want to be so curt about it, don't try to back out of the discussion by saying "Its my opinion, blah blah blah, let's leave it at that", if you're going to run in with your knuckles clinched, dont back out before the retort, shows you have no argument...which you dont really because truthfully, as you pointed out, it IS my opinion (which is irrelevant in a sense of having to PROVE it)...AND, you also have ZERO evidence to denounce my comment, you simply disagree.

Now what exactly was your point again? That they physically have these warranties? lol...i never denied they did, i simply laughed at both the absurdity of the nature of protecting a cell phone from accidental damage, and the legitimacy of the companies that do offer this "service"...what do you want to debate here? What is your argument? I'm seeing someone trying to start an argument over what was essentially a knock on 3rd party accident protection plans? lmfao...you might as well start an argument supporting the ethics of a backwoods used car salesman.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2