AirPrint on windows domain network.

auntiewiv

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
For those struggling to get past the username/password when trying to print to a printer on a Windows Server domain, use the administrator account for the local machine not the domain administrator and AirPrint should work fine. Once I figured this out AirPrint works great on my network with a Dell 2150 colour laser printer.

Make sure the local machine account has a password set!

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
What username and password? My Mac is attached to an active directory and an HP printer networked through my Mac with no passwords needed to use AirPrint?

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
My mac is bound to a windows network. I can use all shared printers from Active Directory without a password. Since I don't have wireless at work, I connect to my Mac using Internet Sharing. Works flawlessly.

auntiewiv

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
On my windows xp machine AirPrint asks for a username and password the first time you connect to a printer. Luckily for Mac users no password is required! Tried all combinations of domain/password with no success. By using the administrator username and password for the xp machine not the domain administrator username/password, AirPrint then starts working. As my domain GPO disables the guest account for security reasons i was unable to use the guest account.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner