hello , is it possible to have your sim copied so you could have 2 phones on it ....

TOASTIE

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
hello , is it possible to have your sim copied so you could have 2 phones on the same contract so i could pick up my old phone for work and my nice shiny iphone for the rest of the time ?

i can do divert but text's don't work and i have to run 2 sims .

any ideas ?

cheers d

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I don't think you can have 2 sims associated to the same number, but you can take the sim out of one device and swap it to the other. If you have an iPhone4 then they sell microsim adapters so you can use that sim in a regular phone.

TOASTIE

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
ok cheers , taking the sim out each time shouldn't be to much trouble but some how it is , i would need to swap 2 or 3 times a day . its a shame they cant do it and limit it to one working at a time so they know you wernt try to rip them off .

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
What is it that you are trying to accomplish by switching the sim 2 to 3 times a day. Or maybe I should ask, why are you switching the sim 2 to 3 times a day?

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
It's called sim cloning which is illegal in the states. Would be nice if carriers offered this option tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toomanyphones

Oct 14, 2008
Visit site
It's is also illegal in Canada and most countries. You might find a way to do it but don't be surprise if the NSA or FBI come knocking. Your problem is most people who wants to clone a sim is up to no good.

crystus

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
The reason is that whichever phone is closer to a tower or has a better registration is the phone that will receive incoming calls or texts. Essentially each phone number or piece of wireless spectrum is limited to one device to be registered to it, so having two devices with the same sim essentially which ever one is closer to the tower is the one that will work.

TOASTIE

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
What is it that you are trying to accomplish by switching the sim 2 to 3 times a day. Or maybe I should ask, why are you switching the sim 2 to 3 times a day?

with my work im in and out of work 3 4 or more times a day , when im in the car i want the iphone for the ipod , when im in the house i want the iphone for general use , when im in the work shop or out banging around in a truck i want my tiny old nokia that a dont care about .

nothing dodgy , if i wanted to do something dodgy i wouldn't post if in a forum tbo

thanks everyone , im not up to date with these matters all the time and was just checking there wasn't anything out there to do it .

i will have to struggle on :)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
While I'm a big believer in Google Voice, I don't think that will solve this particular problem. If you only have one phone number and one carrier - you're stuck moving the sim from phone to phone.

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
While I'm a big believer in Google Voice, I don't think that will solve this particular problem. If you only have one phone number and one carrier - you're stuck moving the sim from phone to phone.

True, if they truly want to be able to have 2 phones they could always switch to a family plan and add another line for 9.99. This way they can keep the iphone at home and work then carry a dumb phone while out and about.

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Agreed with the google voice and two lines. It wouldn't cost that much to just get an extra line to share the minutes and a family plan. Then let google voice work it's magic. Then, it wouldn't matter which phone you are carrying. It's a little more money, but legal so big plus! Legal fees are a bummer and the cost of finding someone to clone the sim doesn't sound cheap anyway.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods