Vibrate while on call? (BZZZZ in your ear) iOS 4.2.1

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
This is getting pretty annoying.

Every since updating to 4.2.1, when I am on a call and have the phone held up to my ear...the phone vibrates for SMS notifications and such.

This occurs if the phone is on the silent setting and when the phone is set to ring and vibrate.

This is happening on my iPhone 4 and my wife's iPhone 4. For the time being, I shut off the vibrate with ring setting.

Anybody else notice this wonderful buzzing in your ear?

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Haha. I wont argue with ya on the vib being weak.

It is a little wicked when it buzzes right in your ear though.

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I restored and tested it before restoring from backup. It still happened with a clean OS install. I then downloaded a new copy of 4.2.1 and it is still doing it.

There has got to be others with this issue. I am going to check a couple of friends iPhones at work tomorrow.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
This is getting pretty annoying.

Every since updating to 4.2.1, when I am on a call and have the phone held up to my ear...the phone vibrates for SMS notifications and such.

This occurs if the phone is on the silent setting and when the phone is set to ring and vibrate.

This is happening on my iPhone 4 and my wife's iPhone 4. For the time being, I shut off the vibrate with ring setting.

Anybody else notice this wonderful buzzing in your ear?

I'm still on 4.0.1 and I think I get audio alerts when I'm on a call...seems like normal behavior when you've got it set to ring and vibrate, no? As for your silent settings, have you double checked to make sure that vibrate is off for that?

I don't talk much, so I could be remembering this incorrectly...

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
This hasn't happened to my iPhone 4 or the wife's iPhone 4 until the 4.2.1 update.

I've completely restored and it still does it. I figured there would be more people complaining about this.

@Massie...phone is set to ring and vibrate because I like being able to hear or feel my phone. I've always had it set this way and it has never done this.

No phone I have ever had vibrates when I am on a actual call.

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
So what did Apple say?

Haven't had the time to call yet.

Usually when I have issues like these...

First I search on forums and twitter for other users having the same issue. If I don't find anything, I will start a new thread. I end up calling when I can confirm to them that others are having the same issue.

In this case, people have told me that their iPhones have always done this. I know I have never had this happen and I get SMS/e-mails while on the phone all the time.

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
I am now having this problem too. Before the 4.2.1 update it would only ring in my ear. Shouldn't the phone disable all alerts until the call is ended.

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I am now having this problem too. Before the 4.2.1 update it would only ring in my ear. Shouldn't the phone disable all alerts until the call is ended.

I like the tone, just not the vibrate. When I had my blackberry, that was an option for everything, "notify when on call"..it played the same generic tone through the earpiece. I like how the iPhone plays the proper tone through the earpiece.

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
I have noticed with 4.2.1 that the vibration seems stronger. Not sure if that is possible or if it is the new phone I swapped out a few days before the update.

Lifein2D

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I've been having the exact same problem. I almost dropped my phone the first time it happened :p

I just turn off the vibrate when I know I'm going to be making a lot of calls. But hopefully apple releases a fix in the next update.

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
I have been hearing this a lot lately about things that apple puts out.

But hopefully apple releases a fix in the next update.

I came to apple from windows mobile because I wanted something that just worked and worked well. But we seemed to always be waiting on the next update to fix bugs.

BryanTheRed

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I noticed this issue tonight as well. Had the phone set to vibrate, was talking to my sister and got a message on Kik and "BUZZZZ" right in the ear. Would be pretty annoying if I used vibrate a lot...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711