Battery drained to -0-

ArGiEs

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
My iPod touch 4G battery drained to nothing on its own this evening in my vehicle.

I had charged it earlier today in the vehicle (with an Apple vehicle charger), the unplugged it and kept it in its usual protected out-of-the-sun compartment up front by the driver's seat. This evening, when I got it out to use it, at first nothing happened when I turned it on; then the battery with only a thin red line with a plugin/charge symbol under it appeared briefly, then went off. Plugged it in & charged, everything seems fine.

Being familiar with handheld devices, I know this kind of thing can potentially happen (it happened on my iPod touch 3G six months back); but just to make sure, is there something that I may have inadvertently done to cause this?

Jason12#IM

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
This happened to my iphone4 last night 95% showing when I turned it off and 8 hours later would not turn on, charged it up and all is great?

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
This happened to my iphone4 last night 95% showing when I turned it off and 8 hours later would not turn on, charged it up and all is great?

Strange...mine did it for the first time ever yesterday. Thought it was just a fluke and that I only imagined charging it yesterday, but today I know it was charged. Went to a movie and when I checked it, it was completely dead again. :eek:

I've upgraded to iOS 4.2 in the hopes that the upgrade would fix/tweak whatever is going on. We'll see... :confused:

BryanTheRed

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
If the update didn't fix it perhaps its time to head to an Apple store. Hope they aren't about to see a bad batch of batteries.

ArGiEs

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
I think it's something random, rather than a battery issue. On rare occasions my Palm Pilot would drain itself completely dead in the middle of the night, and I'd get a blank screen in the morning. If the iPod touch is like other handhelds, when you turn it off, it actually goes into a standby mode, and really isn't completely off; it will perform some sort of function(s) while in that mode. Something apparently can go wrong, and it drains its battery dry if it isn't turned on again for awhile. But I'm not sure, being new to i-products; I was just wondering if there was a user-triggered cause in these devices for that kind of incident.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods