Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Pro

Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default "iPhone Cannot be Restored" Message While Trying to Update Updating?

So. I am a little worried. I need my phone obviously. Anyway. I was attempting to update today and I got the 1013 error. Now my iPhone 4 has never been jailbroken or anything besides pure from Apple. I had issues with my jailbroken 3GS and decided I didn't need a jailbreak. Anyway. I am stuck and it will not restore no matter what I try. Is anyone else experiencing this?
    Giraffes are people too.
    Tip the scales... you know you want to.
    15" Retina MBP 2.6GHz / 512GB
    Game Center ID: Brenden
    TiPb Jailbreak Genius

Download firmware and try putting the phone in recovery mode, then using shift+restore method to restore fresh.
    -iPhone4 iOS 4.1 (Greenpois0n Jailbreak)
    -iPad iOS 4.2.1 (Redsn0w Jailbreak [Tethered])
    -AppleTV 4.2 (SHSH Saved)

iPhone Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by BuddhistGirafe View Post
    So. I am a little worried. I need my phone obviously. Anyway. I was attempting to update today and I got the 1013 error. Now my iPhone 4 has never been jailbroken or anything besides pure from Apple. I had issues with my jailbroken 3GS and decided I didn't need a jailbreak. Anyway. I am stuck and it will not restore no matter what I try. Is anyone else experiencing this?
    I had the same problem. I had to put it inDFU mode. I had the beta version so I figured that was the reason. Plus there were like millions of people updating all at once at 1pm when I updated.
    iPhone Newbie

Same thing here...nothing I've tried has worked...
    64gig Black iPhone 5
    32gig Black New iPad wifi
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,060 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Happened to me as well gave me a fit for well over 2 hours. I finally used a different computer just for the software load and it worked like a charm. Then I restored from my laptop.
    "Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." - John Wayne
     iPhone 5S Space Gray (16GB) iPad Mini White (16GB) 
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    iOS Version

As much as this sounds crazy I got that during the last update, i was using a non-apple USB cable, actually had a lot of syncing problems with it. Since switching it out syncing and updates have been fine.
    iPhone Newbie

I got mine to work on another computer but I'm wondering why it wouldn't work on my normal machine?!
    64gig Black iPhone 5
    32gig Black New iPad wifi