Official 4.2 bug report/trouble-shooting thread

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
After dialing, it prompted me for my VM password... I entered the password and it connected. Now when I go to the VVM screen, all of my messages are there, just as before... maybe it's a "one time" thing to reset it?
Exactly what it is. That will happen anytime you upgrade firmware or even restore.

jables

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
is airprint for certain printers only? i have a Epson wifi printer. but can not find it. is there a list of compatible printers? or a place to configure it to work?

Steve-O

Banned
Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
Could anyone PLEASE point me in the direction of a reputable source to download 4.2 for the iPhone 4 & wifi only iPad, please (apart from iTunes)?

My iPad update has failed 8 times, & my iPhone has just failed for the 4th time - all while downloading.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

BryanTheRed

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
is airprint for certain printers only? i have a Epson wifi printer. but can not find it. is there a list of compatible printers? or a place to configure it to work?
HP printers only at this time.
Could anyone PLEASE point me in the direction of a reputable source to download 4.2 for the iPhone 4 & wifi only iPad, please (apart from iTunes)?

My iPad update has failed 8 times, & my iPhone has just failed for the 4th time - all while downloading.

Server over load, you'll just have to be patient, as hard as that is....

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site

Yes. For certain HP printers at the moment. Apple removed the share printer feature from 10.6.5. at the last minute. Basically, if you don't support ePrint....it doesn't work at all unless you run the file to restore the AirPrint functionality 100%.

Steve-O

Banned
Jul 26, 2009
Visit site

Has anyone else downloaded & able to provide me with the file names, at least, please? Thanks

combatdoc

Dec 13, 2008
www.ffpblog.com
I hope an Airport Firmware upgrade is in the works. You would think that is a no-brainer. It seems so 1990s to have to have a laptop/desktop available to act as a proxy for AirPrint on networked printers (I have the GM files hacked for full AirPrint, not just HP).

My EPSON is networked through an Airport Express so everyone can use it.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I own this printer

hp-web-printer-1.jpg

Does anyone know if it would work?

Vicious_Cid

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Like I've reported before, Indonesian language autocorrection defaults over saved "words" in Contacts. This doesn't happen with 4.1.

So for instance if you type "lg" in lowercase, it will always suggest/force "LG". In 4.1 I saved "lg" in Contacts as it's a common abbreviation that I use. Once I saved that entry, the phone will never suggest/force LG to me.

One thing that I noticed also is that only short words are only affected. 4-letter or longer words can still use the Contacts trick.

Last edited:

ArGiEs

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Music lost/resored

I have seen a number of comments regarding the loss of music in iPod touches/iPhones after upgrading to v. 4.2.1. This happened to me this evening when I upgraded. I solved it by syncing (after updating), and then launching Music after the sync. It updated the Music app, and everything came back. Hope this helps someone:).

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Great, and the multitasking and folders are OK, U know the multitasking and folders are my favourite expectation, though I can sovle the problem of lack falsh by iFunia iPad video converter, but mltitasking and folder really have no way :(
Now, glad with it! ;)

Rayman2170

Jan 30, 2009
Visit site
Can anyone tell me why apple put a volume slider in the app switcher for iPhone? Why didn't they add a brightness bar instead? I mean whenever you play content there is a volume slider there anyway. A brightness bar like the iPad would have been loads better.

timmyb457

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
my signal has dropped to almost nothing after restoring to a fresh 4.2.1. I used to get full 3g in my house and now its "searching" or just a couple bars of E

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
The update is worth getting for iPhone4 owners if only for Find My Phone. Really sorry for 3G (S) owners. Why the heck Apple have not made this universal I don't know. Talk about 'how to win friends and influence people', LOL. In one fell swoop they have p1ssed many 3G (S) users off!

Come on Apple, make it free to ALL !!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The only bug I've noticed so far is that my songs all start a couple seconds ahead of the actual beginning. I thought it was only the one but it has happend on three songs now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice