Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

27 Posts

Default Internet Paradox (Wifi and Unlocking)

Hello guys,

I've recently purchased an iphone 3g. When it came, it was running 4.1 firmware with 05.14.02 baseband. I'll need to unlock it.

Now the thing is, phone's wifi doesn't work. I tried 4.1, 4.0, 3.1.3 and 3.1.2 firmwares but the result was always the same.

I currently have the phone on 3.1.3 unlocked with redsn0w 0.9.4. It works great, Cydia is installed, etc. But since i cannot reach internet, i can't go forward.

Do you know any idea how to connect to internet without data roaming (edge, 3g) and wireless connection?

Any ideas???

To admin: Sorry if i posted to the wrong place, i've seen similar posts that's why i posted here.

2. Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  
    iPhone Newbie

27 Posts

I've just found this;

Unlock without wifi
    Submitted by kirasam (not verified) on Fri, 07/09/2010 - 03:31.

So, here's the way to unlock your iPhone
    with UltraSn0w 0.93 without an internet connection

Download the ultrasn0w 0.9.3 in zip format and extract it; in there are 2 *.deb files (ultrasn0w 0.9.3.zip)

Now, what you need, it's a jailbroken iPhone . Meaning the phone was jaibroken using redsn0w, snowbreeze or pwnagetool. If the phone was jailbroken with blackra1n or spirit, then you have to install afc2add via Cydia ... but you can't do that since you don't have wifi :-).

Anyway, if requirements above are meet, you need to transfer the *.deb files and put them in private/var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall. If the Cydia/AutoInstall directory is not there, then you create one. You can do this using iPhoneBrowser or iFunBox

Once it's placed there, you need to restart your phone couple times, the 1st for Cydia to install the packages and the second to Ultrasn0w start to work. May have to reboot a 3rd time. I can verify it works on 3g 3.1.3 with 5.12

But my modem firmware is 05.14.02 and i need to downgrade it. I also learned that there is no way to downgrade it right now. And also my bootloader is 05.09. So, i am stuck here i guess, waitin' for the hackers.

Any idea would be appreciated.
    iPhone Newbie

46 Posts

friend unlock is not released yet so wait untill november 24
    astaf likes this.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iPhone Newbie

27 Posts

Default -----solved-----

Hello again,

this link contains the deb file of ultrasn0w 1.2, which is released yesterday to unlock iphone 3g 05.14.02.

after you jailbreak your phone,

1. download the file
    2. read post #2.

Best wishes