iOS 4.1 WiFi killing battery

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Since getting the 4.1 update I noticed the battery life on my iPhone 4 is no where near what it was before that. For awhile I thought maybe it was an app or something. I even disabled push notifications for a little while and it didn't help. Then I turned off push gmail and location services, no change again. Then starting this Monday I turned off Wifi all the time and never used it. The battery life was better but not that great because of 3G being used.

Then I turned wifi back on last night. So far today I have 18 hours of standby and 2 hours 10 minutes of usage and my battery is at 66% already. This is extremely poor IMO compared to what I was getting. All this usage was at home on wifi and not 3G.

Has anyone else noticed this? Should I see if 4.2 improves it or take it in to Apple? I saw someone say that 4.2GM had really improved their battery life so I'm hoping this is something with 4.1 and not my battery.

r.santa1

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I hear you! i have found 3g more battery killer than wifi on. I hate to have to turn off location and 3g and dim the screen just to have decent batt life...defeats the point of the nice phone and all it can do!!!!

I hope 4.2 helps or i might go back to my blackberry sadly enough...

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I'm saying wifi is using far more battery than 3G with 4.1 installed on my iPhone 4. Also wondering if the wifi it actually turning off while the iPhone is asleep as it supposedly does. When I first got my iPhone 4 it would drain maybe 3-5% over night and now it's anywhere from 10-15%.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2