From jailbroken to factory settings

threadie#IM

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi,
I need advice on how to remove games from gamecenter that I had installed while jailbroken. I decided to restore my iphone because it was lagging, buggy and gave me a lot of issues (limera1n). After restoring iphone I noticed that I had games from when jailbroken: when I deleted the game it never asked me to remove it from gamecenter. Now, should I re-jailbreak to remove those game apps???? Should I use limera1n or greenpoison? Should I leave it alone- afraid if I re-jailbreak it will brick my phone and I'll have to go to apple store and would have to purchase another phone because I voided my warranty.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and hopefully help me make the right decision.

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
gamecenter is just holding on to the fact that you have in fact played those games and there is data stored on the server from you playing them.

its nothing to worry about and shouldn't cause you any trouble.

uga.buga

Mar 27, 2009
Visit site
when you restore your iphone does the jailbreak go away? i know the 3gs(etc) did.
but im confused by when all the reports were coming out about how the exploit was found to jailbreak 4.0+ they also said something about it being jailbroken forever?

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
When you delete a gamecenter game after you hit delete a pop up should have came up that asked if you wanted to remove the game data from gamecenter or not. Other than that I dont know how to remove the data of a certain game from gamecenter.

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
when you restore your iphone does the jailbreak go away? i know the 3gs(etc) did.
but im confused by when all the reports were coming out about how the exploit was found to jailbreak 4.0+ they also said something about it being jailbroken forever?

Yes. If you restore your phone you will lose your jailbreak and all of the jailbreak data. It will put your phone back to the way it was the day you got it.

The shatter exploit that you are referring to is for a future jailbreak that isnt out yet. Shatter will jailbreak the device for life, but right now restoring a phone puts it back to factory settings.