iPhone 4 battery life on 4.2!

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
OMGWT*BBQ.

Battery life on 4.2 is SOOOO GOOD!!!

Usually I work a 7 hour shift or so, battery life is down to 50% after 2 hours usage time. But tonight I worked a 7 hour shift, hung out for an hour, went to dinner for hours, and at the end of the night after dinner I still had 53% left.

I was shocked! Talk about a pleasant surprise.

I feel like battery life is back where it's supposed to be.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Damn!!!! I need it now lol been at the GF's all weekend wiyhout laptop is it out officially or do you have a GM Jellotime?

zkyevolved

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
It is horrible..If it isnt better I am going back to blackberry

Go back then. You can never compare it to a bb. Bb uses a very high level of compression. So therefore just by normal Internet usage you're going to get worse battery life.

The iPhone is awesome. I'm a 5 year bb user and I jumped on the iPhone when multitasking came on. Now I'm a happy camper except for the battery life. Oh well. Hehe. Each has pros and cons. The iPhone now gives me more pros than cons. Before iOS 4 it was more cons than pros :)

4mynikka

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
It is horrible..If it isnt better I am going back to blackberry

Really? I'd had every blackberry released in the last 3 years and the only one that beats the iphone 4 is the 9700/9780, the bold 2/3 were just unreal with the battery life. I would say the iphone 4 was as good if not better than the torch 9800 and could last me a whole day with about 30-50% left over depending on usage. And this is with 4.1.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
@r.santa1
You can't compare the battery life of an iPhone VS a blackberry. First of all, they do a lot less. They don't have any kind of good web browsing, they have weak processors which use less battery, they have smaller displays to power, and they can't play games or do almost anything that uses a lot of battery.

Remember when they came out with the Storm? Battery life took a HUGE hit.

r.santa1

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Jello,
You are totally correct. I like the I4, it is very cool and i think that for what it does it is the best. For what I need mostly, phone, email, typing and messaging, I think the 9700/9780 is the best.

They are totally different products and there is no perfect world. Droid sucks and I4 is the best of the touchscreen experiences. Bold 9780 is the best of the other form factor out there.

I am not bashing apple and I actually think i will keep the I4 and switch back and forth for awhile.

I think all the whining about the ios update is funny and how Jobs is put on a pedestal etc.

Thanks!

litchblade#IM

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
To be honest, iPhone wins easily over BlackBerry, Ive had BlackBerrys for 4 years, and its awesome if you need it for writing mails or sms or whatever. But to surf in the internet, forget your BlackBerry, its ****.
Same is for the Camera or Music Player, compared to the iPhone 4...