I've Been Converted ...

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I used Limera1n .. But I dont really think there's a difference in how you jailbreak, it still takes you to the same thing. I could be wrong though, as I'm no expert on it.

that can be true with greenpois0n and limera1n but pwnagetool is different because it jailbreaks without upgrading your baseband and is usually a better choice for people who want to unlock after.

r.santa1

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
After 8 weeks with the i4 i am completely bored with it. The text message notification and the fact you cant turn it off is reason enough for me to want to tell Jobs and his giant ego to take a hike.

The screen is amazing but I am not going to jailbreak and spend countless hours screwing with the phone to make it more useful.

There are some things I like but as a phone and communication device it fails compared to the blackberry Bold...

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
The only reason I jailbreak is for liveclock and weathericon.

Themes are effing stupid. Nothing is complete and 90% of them are made by 12 year olds on a pirated copy of Photoshop 7.

The thing is I can't blame them because it's literally impossible to complete a theme. Certain themes like illumine will skin the icons automatically but it doesn't look right.

I think it's worth pointing out that--to me, at least--lockscreen themes fall into a different category. While I've never used a full theme, I always use a lockscreen theme. Unlike system-wide themes, it's a complete and self-contained thing that often adds a lot of functionality, instead of being just cosmetic.

And out of curiosity: liveclock and weathericon? Are those really the only two tweaks you've made? Just trying to figure out why they're so important to you.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
After 8 weeks with the i4 i am completely bored with it. The text message notification and the fact you cant turn it off is reason enough for me to want to tell Jobs and his giant ego to take a hike.

The screen is amazing but I am not going to jailbreak and spend countless hours screwing with the phone to make it more useful.

There are some things I like but as a phone and communication device it fails compared to the blackberry Bold...

Trollerific!

Back to the OP's new found love...i understand you enjoyment, just make sure if you come across an app you really enjoy, you pay for it once in a while, paying those people gives them the opportunity to bring you future awesome titles...

r.santa1

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Actually a moped is far more reliable than a ferrari...Iphone is ok but multi tasking is still weak compared to a bold 9700 series.

I am not a troll, i have used them all (except droid which is not in the same league as Iphone) and I am giving my honest opinions.

Apple does well the web /gaming experience and RIM does the communicating phone part much better!

I cant even get my emails with attachments to come thru with consistency. Sometimes the pdf is there and others it asks me to download. Then forwarding them to another works sometimes and sometimes not...

I have found that I use th i4 much more for fun than work. My productivity and speed of actually working while on the road/airports has slowed a ton with the i4.

FOR ME, the perfect combo i feel is the Bold 9780 and my new Mac bok air with verizon aircard...

All the comments are fun and i really do appreciate others opinions if they have anything other to say than "trollerific"..

LMAO!

Reactions: farbod21

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Well, the ability to tether your iPhone to your laptop is one of the most popular reasons why people people jailbreak. My reason of jailbreaking is for more Apps, that some are not available through iTunes App Store or Apple authorised.
And the second is jailbreaking is fully reversible.

hmm, I think many guys are converted ;) LOL

porksoda

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site

As someone who came from a bold who used the new torch before getting the ip4... either you havn't found all the uses for your phone or you just are too much of a fanboy for rim.

In my experience with ip4 my emailing and messaging is far more productive than the bold. I use my phone solely for business but since i got the ip4 i cant seem to keep my hands off while at home also.

Typing, true takes some time... but once you are set/comfortable i find it a lot easier than the bold... (crazy right)? my fingers don't tire and the ability to go landscape vs portrait and the very powerful auto correct is fantastic... It took me a while to find the undo but having undo auto correct i am typing very efficiently.

That was the only pro for the bold.. keyboard... what else did it have? oh right nothing else.

Browsing is fantastic and tons of games n apps that will fill your appetite no matter who you are.

The only improvements you can make requires a jb and i will more than likely to get there sooner than later.

I used to be one of those people who used to "make fun" and "look down" on people with ip4 but you gotta give credit where its due.. its the most balanced device out there... even as a phone its a lot better than my 9700.

r.santa1

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Pork, I am no fanboy at all...I truly think the I4 is a great device for all you have said except for the email. I hate that every time i open the email icon it has to run and check for messages. Maybe I have it set wrong? I do not push because of the battery drain...better way?

Pdf's are a major problem for me. I am on corp gmail account that syncs and sometimes pdf's are there(i bought pdf reader app) and sometime I have to download them before forwarding. it takes forever to do that and half the time server times out unless on wifi...

It is ok for phone but it does drop alot of calls on 3g in Boise Area which never happened with my bold 9700...Boise is pretty flat and good 3g coverage.

I might have a hard time going back to 9780 actually but unless i can fix this email problem (I can live with some dropped calls) I might have to..

Any ideas on pdf issue?

porksoda

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Ok.

What pdf issues you having?

For email... i will say push i have disabled to i am using imap and it checks every 15 mins. If the attachment is big it has to go get it.

I have various pdfs sent to me on regular basis and i store a large amount of pdfs on the phone for reference when i am out of the office... i am not sure what you mean by pdf issue... please explain.

Also i have not bought any app to view any documents yet.

As for service if you are in states its the at&t i am told... me being in canada i have had zero service issues in my condo on the 34th floor my bold had service problems and my ip4 has had none to date.

I have heard through various people that service in us via atnt is not that great also with the death grip it goes down a few bars but doesnt drop the call.

Just to add... for email... i LOVE the fact when i get a html email that it shows perfectly on the ip4 whereas on the bold it took so much longer and was never formatted properly.

porksoda

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Well, the ability to tether your iPhone to your laptop is one of the most popular reasons why people people jailbreak. My reason of jailbreaking is for more Apps, that some are not available through iTunes App Store or Apple authorised.
And the second is jailbreaking is fully reversible.

hmm, I think many guys are converted ;) LOL

in us is the tethering disabled on the ip4? I am asking because on my phone there is a tethering option in my phone for which i need to be pluged in to my computer.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
in us is the tethering disabled on the ip4? I am asking because on my phone there is a tethering option in my phone for which i need to be pluged in to my computer.

Not disabled, but you have to pay for it and you cant have unlimited data plan.

NickCurtis

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
... to Team Jailbreak. I've been against it all this time, always saying that it's good enough just the way it is. But I stand corrected. SBSettings, BiteSMS, themes, Installous, etc. etc. etc. ... Why did I never see the light sooner??

Just thought I would do a little Jailbreaking evangelism as a result of my recent crossover ;)

Dude, conversion is not a sin nor a mistake. It happens from one person as soon as they are enlightened by dark (lol). Just don't overdo the jb because you might end up losing yourself after your recent transition.
Anyways, enjoy being a jb and spread the infection.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
#team Jailbreak FTW.

Once you go JB you wont go back. It makes the phone more functional.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
r.santa not every1 is going to love the iPhone, this is an iPhone forum so ofcourse we all love it and can't see how someone else couldn't but personal choice dictates that not everyone will love it that's life. The PDF issue I'd love to help you too if I could but without knowing the problem the one thing I thought is you could try dropbox which is a free service and it has a client for both iPhone and computer. So instead of having the PDFs in the emails you could put them into your dropbox and have them accessible from the phone. This might not work depending on what exactly is your issue so if you give us more info maybe we can come up with a solution for you. It just may be too painful for you and maybe BB is a better fit.

The physical keyboard I have to say after using an android phone I can't understand why anyone would ever want to use one??? :confused: to me phsyical keyboard = Fail!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
rsanta...when you come on an iphone blog/forum, and express your distaste of the iPhone using labels such as "boring" and saying that it doesnt hold a candle to your BB Bold (which i also own, and despise btw)...you're a troll. So your blackberry does email for you better...holy sh*t bud! what a ground breaking revelation! A blackberry that does email right!

Bottom line, you come into a thread about a person who bought an iPhone and loves it, you have people welcoming him/her to the community and discussing things they want to try with the iPhone, and then you have a post like the one you made, raining on the parade, negatively comparing it as a boring device and saying its email system is worse than your Bold...you're trolling...trollerific.

Thanks for playing...

Reactions: iquinn

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
rsanta...when you come on an iphone blog/forum, and express your distaste of the iPhone using labels such as "boring" and saying that it doesnt hold a candle to your BB Bold (which i also own, and despise btw)...you're a troll. So your blackberry does email for you better...holy sh*t bud! what a ground breaking revelation! A blackberry that does email right!

Bottom line, you come into a thread about a person who bought an iPhone and loves it, you have people welcoming him/her to the community and discussing things they want to try with the iPhone, and then you have a post like the one you made, raining on the parade, negatively comparing it as a boring device and saying its email system is worse than your Bold...you're trolling...trollerific.

Thanks for playing...

What he said FTW

Reactions: anon(4698833)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro