Verizon for iphone?

abrocks22

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I heard verizon is coming out for the iphone early january? yes no? I seriously can't stand the service plan for cingular anymore...no connection anywhere...Anybody got any updated news if there are lower costs on the plan or? I'm stoked though :]

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
pricing will probably be the same as what you're paying now if not more, so you will not be so "stoked" about that

cingular?? now that's a name i haven't heard in a long-long time...

and as our good friend ghostface would say "don't let the door hit you on the way out"

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
pricing will probably be the same as what you're paying now if not more, so you will not be so "stoked" about that

cingular?? now that's a name i haven't heard in a long-long time...

and as our good friend ghostface would say "don't let the door hit you on the way out"

Perhaps hes still using a Cingular branded phone. and/or was a Cingular customer for sometime before the merger.

gailey

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
It really is a good move for Apple to have the
iPhone available on more than one service provider.
Most market observers agree Apple is most likely to
hasten the release of the iPhone to another carrier
on account of recent reports showing the Androids
catching up in terms of sales and users in the US.
If this is true then that is indeed good news.:)

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I think it will be released in June. I'm expecting the traditional schedule- the iOS conference in March with the hype reaching a fever pitch... will they release the Verizon iPhone? And then the climax in June.

I feel like some of the magic with the yearly iPhone wwdc events have gone.
Imagine in June- the next version of iOS, iPhone 5 presentation, and "one more thing..." A Verizon one more thing will be crazy.

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I love how everyone thinks Verizon is some savior. Attention folks, its not. Its just another company looking to take your money. I swear....

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I love how everyone keeps saying VERIZON! VERIZON! VERIZON! Wake up people, Verizon is not the only CDMA carrier out there, and yes I'm only talking about the USA. (since Apple is a American company (founded both in America and by an American, unlike these other compnies) that always launches the phones first in the US. So could we see a Sprint iPhone perhaps? Who knows,

I love how everyone thinks Verizon is some savior. Attention folks, its not. Its just another company looking to take your money. I swear....

As with every company out there. :rolleyes:

I think it will be released in June. I'm expecting the traditional schedule- the iOS conference in March with the hype reaching a fever pitch... will they release the Verizon iPhone? And then the climax in June.

I feel like some of the magic with the yearly iPhone wwdc events have gone.
Imagine in June- the next version of iOS, iPhone 5 presentation, and "one more thing..." A Verizon one more thing will be crazy.

or it will be in January. Because as far as I know there is no law saying Apple needs to stick to a "traditional schedule" Steve can change it up anytime he wants and theres nothing you can do (but complain)

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site

It is a savior for people who live in places where AT&T service blows, work discounts with Verizon, or already have existing family plans and not everybody wants to change.

I wish AT&T was good in my town. Then I'd be rocking the iPhone now.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I think it is good for the market to have the iPhone on all US carriers ... Will also lighten the load a little bit on the at&t towers which is never a bad thing.

NickCurtis

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I expect that Verizon will give us a unique iphone experience that AT&T have not done yet. I am talking about unlimited internet data plans and the new fifth generation iphone. How I wish for the dual-mode phone that would let users roam on GSM-based networks.
Thanks for this useful information. A good read once in a while.

davidabraham

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone was presented as a groundbreaking device combining lots of important features, yet it has been criticized for the lack of some crcuial functions.

David Abraham

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't think apple can continue with the 1 update per year methodology that they currently employ. Android is catching up rapidly and could I say gaining in some regards? ... It's interesting to see the Android Market full of iOS's most popular apps.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner