My iPhonefixed White iPhone 4 Conversion Parts Have Arrived!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The lip on the black iPhone 4 is no where near as pronounced as the lip pictured on that white one. Not even close. There IS a lip, but it is so subtle that it's hardly there...the one on that white case is very obvious and noticeable (this is the case with all of the white cases ive seen on eBay and stuff).

That said...i have a friend that switched his over to all white (including everything you pictured) and it looks pretty good in person, though there is a noticeable difference in white tones between the home button and the case itself. After seeing what is essentially a white iPhone 4 though now in person, i'm so glad they didnt offer them initially because i prob would have bought the white one, and i STRONGLY prefer the black now.

I really wish Apple would release a color series of the rear glass panel...

Mickyfin

Jul 3, 2010
nokiadna.com
Update. I have been reading many posts here, and elsewhere about the white conversion parts from many sources are not sitting flush with the antenna, so this has delayed my conversion process. What I will now be doing, is buying an iPhone 4 Mid-Plate, and mate up to that to see if my parts from iphonefixed.co.uk sit flush, the front glass in particular, and if it fits nice and flush, I will then proceed to the conversion.

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
Just had my iPhone 4 swapped from black to white by a local mac shop. It looks great, bur my proximity sensor isn't working. Screen stays on during calls. I did a network reset and a hard reset..... nothing worked so far.

I still have my old parts. Anyone know if the sensor can be taken off the old one and installed on the white parts or do I need to send it back and get a new one?

Thanks

Mickyfin

Jul 3, 2010
nokiadna.com
Bit of an update. This afternoon I completed replacing the headphone port/jack on a spare iPhone 4 frame I purchased, and have taken a series of photos to put together a guide on how to change/replace it.

I will mention though, its not for the faint hearted, and I do not recommend anyone to carry out this conversion if you are not experienced with micro electronics.

Removing the black headphone port, and replacing with a white one took me two hours, as I always take my time with something like this.

As said, I have several photos taken during the conversion process, and I will label them up, highlighting the different components. There are several very important things to note during the work, all of which I will detail in the guide.

I will upload my photos, and guide here later today. Tomorrow I will be doing the same for the dock connector too, replacing the black dock connector for a white one, and will detail the conversion here for anyone brave enough to try it, but please, when I say don't try this at home, I mean it, its not easy.!

xxDruMMer BoYxx

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Man. Kudos to you cuz I couldn't do it. But look at all u have to go through and what u have to pay for to get it to white. And most likely, more than half of these people wanting white will buy the iPhone 4gs or 5 (whatever it may be called) when it comes out.

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
I agree... But it's fun and cool. I'll mostly likely get my money back and put it up on eBay. Someone always ponies up and will pay the $650+ price to have it be white....... Capitalism..... Gotta love it. :p

Mickyfin

Jul 3, 2010
nokiadna.com
Agree with what you are saying hence why I decided to buy a spare iPhone 4 frame with components, and start to build a spare iPhone from parts, making it a white version. Seeing as my black one is flawless with no issues at all, it would be crazy to strip that down to convert imo.

Mickyfin

Jul 3, 2010
nokiadna.com
Sorry for the delay in getting the photos, and guide to you, what I ended up doing is blog about it, and detail it there. You can find all the information needed on the iPhone 4 White headphone jack replacement here..

5248412099_ac3f7d826c_z.jpg

White iPhone 4 Conversion Part 1 The Headphone Jack Guide | NokiaDNA

I have just swapped the black Dock Connector for a white one now too, and will put a guide together for this process, which is far easier to do that the headphone jack!

5251435840_d1175f887e.jpg

Mickyfin

Jul 3, 2010
nokiadna.com
The one thing I dislike on the white iphone 4 glass is the circumference raised lip around the home button, this area on the black glass is smooth, and no lip.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Props on the attention to detail, lol...that was alot of work to go through for such a minuet change, but it completes the "conversion", which i personally find pretty cool that one would go to that length to do it 100%. I don't think they even go that far when you pay the bigger bucks for the "professional" conversions you see around the web...

rotchcrocket04

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Hey everyone! Saw this thread and had to post my pics up! I'm semi-happy with my device, however, I consider myself very picky so I will be pulling it apart again.

A few of the issues I have with it are as follows:

The home button. It is must have been "off" from the factory. The actual "image" of the home button (under the plastic) isn't lined up completely when the home button is installed. It's obviously a defect in the home button I received. The seller agreed to send me another - no charge. (you can see it the best in the last pic, but like I said, it will be replaced soon)

There was no mesh in the ear speaker hole. In turn, I cut apart a piece of an earbud's covering exactly to size and fit in in there - it turned out real nice.

I pulled the flash diffuser off the glass because it didn't look *perfect* lol. It still works fine and for the few times I've used the flash - it comes out just fine. I couldn't find a seller to buy the headphone jack and dock connector from so I didn't swap them out.

Overall the process was very intricate in detail but turned out beautifully. Also, please keep in mind, I have a full BodyGuardz protector on the phone - that's why it doesn't look quite as nice. I also didn't have good lighting so I used the flash to take these pics (yuck, I know) - hopefully I can get some real nice quality pics up soon.

One more piece of advice - follow iFixit's "Home Button Replacement" tutorial step by step - making sure you tape the screws to the pages (next to the appropriate step) so you don't lose them and you MAKE SURE they go back in the same holes!! It's very important as there are quite a few different sizes!

Cheers and please ask any questions!!

wlujip.jpg

119rmsj.jpg

m95d9v.jpg

6z4pjm.jpg

w87sjr.jpg

qqu1sn.jpg

Mickyfin

Jul 3, 2010
nokiadna.com
Congrats on your conversion. I take it your parts were also from iphonefixed.co.uk?

Is your front facing camera in the center of the hole, or is it slightly off center.? Mine is the latter.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73