Using iPhone 4 with another carrier

ddclark94

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Can this be done since the introduction of the micro sim? I'm not jb or unlocked and don't plan on it but was just curious.

ddclark94

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
So if I wanted to give my phone to my daughter at some point(in the far future:D) I would only have to cut her sim to fit?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Well you would need to jailbreak and unlock it. But it may depend on the baseband you have for unlocking if it's possible for the iPhone 4, you should check in the jailbreak thread as I really don't know.

Hammermedic

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Depending on where you are, you may not even need to JB it. Here in Canada we were blessed with and unlocked version of the iP4. So you just need to get a micro sim from the carrier of your choice.

HM

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm thinking he's in the US but if you're Canadian no need to cut the SIM just go to whichever carrier your daughter is on and get a microSIM in Canada the biggest 5 carriers all have the iPhone. If you're in the US then like sting said you'll have to cut down the SIM.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Would be great to have unlocked ip4's in the US as well. A universal iPhone would be great.

With Tmobile using a different 3G band that the iPhone does not support it's really not any advantage. If you travel abroad a lot you might as well pick up an unlocked one on your travels.

Now in a couple of years maybe. Although I don't know of Tmobile's plans for LTE since they seem to be calling their recently upgraded 3G network 4G now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2