iOS 4.2 on 3G, that's more like it!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
iOS 4.2 on the 3G, that's more like it!

after seeing Rene's video of how smooth everything ran on his 3G, with iOS 4.2, i had to find out for myself...

it is indeed smoother and more responsive than 4.1

i already jailbroke my device but Cydia is currently not working properly on iOS 4.2. i am very curious to see how my 3G will run jailbroken

looks like the people over at geohot.us gave Rene a little love also

iOS 4.2 is Much Better on iPhone 3G

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i too have noticed better battery life and reboot time about 1/3 of what it used to be. overall i am very happy with this update, everything runs smooth again

all of this makes me wonder why Apple didn't get this right with 4.0|4.0.1|4.0.2|4.1

do we dare believe it was on purpose??!

jdtoyou

Nov 11, 2008
Visit site
after seeing Rene's video of how smooth everything ran on his 3G, with iOS 4.2, i had to find out for myself...

it is indeed smoother and more responsive than 4.1

i already jailbroke my device but Cydia is currently not working properly on iOS 4.2. i am very curious to see how my 3G will run jailbroken

looks like the people over at geohot.us gave Rene a little love also

iOS 4.2 is Much Better on iPhone 3G

Really?? I have a 3G and I was running on 3.1.3 that was Jailbroken. I updated to 4.0 and the phone ran pretty slow so I re-installed 3.1.3 and JB the phone again. All is good but if 4.2 is running well on your 3G, I might have to give it a try....

Is there any lag when trying to access email or text messages?

r.santa1

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I hope I notice a difference in battery life! I have it optimized but hate that i have to do that and forego the great screen and location services etc...I need 3g when on long calls so i can still get messages.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Really?? I have a 3G and I was running on 3.1.3 that was Jailbroken. I updated to 4.0 and the phone ran pretty slow so I re-installed 3.1.3 and JB the phone again. All is good but if 4.2 is running well on your 3G, I might have to give it a try....

Is there any lag when trying to access email or text messages?

accessing email, texts, settings and safari were the the ones had i had problems with using 4.0/4.0.1/4.0.2, along with keyboard lag

using 4.1 seemed to be better but at times was not the greatest. 4.2, in my opinion, simulates 3.1.2

it's been a little over a week since i have been on 4.2 and it's been nice...
i do miss my jailbreak, for sure!

i say give it a shot and if you do not like it you can always go back to 3.1.3, i doubt you will though.. good luck

Chavista

Aug 31, 2009
Visit site
Just curious, so many people here saying they tried it. How many of you guys are actually developers and how many couldn't wait, and download a pirated copy somewhere else??

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal