Same old same old, or change is better?

Should Apple totally change the way we look at Iphone?

• No, the Iphone looks fine the way it is.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • No, the updates with new features like folders does the trick for me

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Yes, totally redo it, make it something new and unseen.

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I really dont care about the set up, just as long as it works.

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

jairo1daywrk4apple

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I've been in the Iphone family since the beginning of time, Iphone, Iphone 3g, 3gs, the 4! etc and i love it, always have always will...
But i've been looking at the same basic screen for four years now, and its getting kind of old.
I want something new, something exciting, something that completely changes the way you use your Iphone, because lets face it... with all these new competitors like the windows 7 phone, androids 244 phones, etc the competition is rising and i want Iphone to stay on top!
and i think to do that they need to totally come out with something new, which i dont think they will...

Is anyone else interested in a new set up?

jairo1daywrk4apple

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Just jailbreak and you'll have the best of both worlds.

i am jailbroken, but the process to get the windows 7 phone as my "theme" is horrendous. Extremely long, complicated, and you have to buy other apps in order to get the "Free theme" i spent 15 dollars, and im still confused on what to do.

stkywik

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

I expect routine updates to enhance the UI, but why do a complete overhaul when its already the best available?

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I say yes. There is always room for change and improvements and change is indeed part of life. I mean, look at the iPod UI. It started out as a monochrome UI, to a color LCD with the same look, to what we have now, the split screen.

Even iOS had small changes.

or if you want to go big, look at Mac OS > Mac OSX, or the early OSX version.

I'm using my evo and HTC sense is very nice. Crisp, clean and polish. iOS also has that felling, but it still fells very, ummmm "cartoon-ish" I mean, why can't the icons be more realistic? How about some color options at least instead of the same purple/blue color?

I don't know, but I do know people have the right to their opinions and telling them to "jailbreak" or "if you don't like it don't buy it" doesn't really help much. The iOS look is not for everyone. Like I said I still like it, but I'm not all goo goo gaa gaa over it. Like for me, I want to access ALL my notifications in one place, rather them look at little badges and hop back and forth between applications.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I'm sure it will get an update at some point. Or get a Windows Phone or Android, that's the power of choice.

Personally I hope it remains the same at the core UI because I'm at the point I don't even need to think when I use my iPhone. I just start doing stuff and it happens. Adding the folders threw me off because I really knew where my apps were and relearning and deciding how I wanted to use the folders took some time. On top of that I barely use the app switcher, I pretty much always go to the home screen and then select the new app.

jairo1daywrk4apple

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure it will get an update at some point. Or get a Windows Phone or Android, that's the power of choice.

Personally I hope it remains the same at the core UI because I'm at the point I don't even need to think when I use my iPhone. I just start doing stuff and it happens. Adding the folders threw me off because I really knew where my apps were and relearning and deciding how I wanted to use the folders took some time. On top of that I barely use the app switcher, I pretty much always go to the home screen and then select the new app.

hmm that is true actually, i know it backwards inside and out, which is a plus, but also like i said im bored so its not always a pluss lol

idk trust in apple i guess!

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Sounds like someone took the words out of Jobs or Ives mouth :p

That is true, with Apple products, but I think they could change it upo a little and still have it so you don't have to "think" even if you still have to think over what size you want, and whether or not to buy an Apple product or feeding your self.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2