Iphone 4 - Jailbreak or not?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Agreed...

This line of thinking is one of the only reasons the "negative light" was so strong on the iPhone 4 after release...people blindly listening to media hype without putting any effort into researching and understanding something for themselves...the world has become so lazy that people literally want their own thinking done for them.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

Reasons Not to Jailbreak:

Bricking - As with any tampering of your iPhone, you run the risk of experiencing "bricking." Bricking renders your phone unusable and requires a complete wipe and restore to make it functional again. Not a big deal given the quick fix, but it does serve as a deterrent.

see there. they completely contradicted themselves... unless i do not know the true definition of "bricking"

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The problem with the idea of "bricking" your phone is the fact that it does not in fact BRICK your phone (this was a term coined before when a phone was hacked up back in the day and it rendered it USELESS and could not be fixed...i think the first gen iPhones had this happen to them too, where even a restore wouldn't return functionality).

People loosely use the term now to describe a bad JB where they have to simply restore and try again...and it scares people off because it sounds like a permanent issue instead of such an easily fixed temporary problem.

gbelford

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I had my phone vanilla for about 3 or 4 days after I bought it but then I just couldn't resist it anymore and just went with the jailbreak, haven't looked back once.

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I jailbroke my iPod Touch and it did some wacky things. i used Blackrain and i got some pretty cool apps. But whenever i opened cydia or those types of apps, it took a long time. Eventually my iPod got really really slow and idk why. Idk if it was from jailbreaking it, or because of this one specific app. (the app put lock codes on individual apps) so i think i may jailbreak it again and test it on my iTouch before i try it with my iPhone.

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I recently jailbroke my iPod touch again, and to be honest it slows down my iPod quite a bit. it doesnt slow down your iPhone does it? cause if it does, i dont want to take any chances.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner