• I don't have an iPhone, but I'm getting the Verizon iPhone

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • I don't have an iPhone, but I'm getting the AT&T iPhone

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Well it seems like all signs point to a Verizon iPhone. So who is getting one?

I had a 3GS, then got a droid, and now am looking at a Verizon iPhone.
I feel that we will see a surge of people defecting from AT&T, the main reason why I switched was the service. But I'm not going to wait in line for one. I'm gonna let the masses tell me how the Verizon iPhone is before I commit to one.

Personally I think they will announce it in June or whenever they announce the new iPhone. It wouldn't make sense to announce two different versions of the iPhone in one year. Or to announce a Verizon iPhone 4 in Jan and a Verizon iPhone 5 in June.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Jan will be the iPad 2 announcement. March is iOS 5 sneak peek (can't wait!!!), and June is iPhone 5 and possible Verizon/T-Mobile/Sprint/Everyone simultaneously iPhone release.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
No ione really knows when the Verizon iPhone isn comming, other then it IS coming. Come on people, you do not need the words out of Steve Jobs mouth. Just look at the iPad at Verizon. Verizon can't just start selling it. They needed to make a deal with Apple. chances are, in that meeting, they discussed the iPhone.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
It is a little hard to say until one sees the Verizon terms and conditions. I was in downtown Manhattan recently and neither AT&T or Verizon had data service.
However, I do not think that the AT&T service level is the issue that it has been. I will let you know after I return from San Francisco in February. As of my last trip to SF, AT&T data service there was still a disaster. I do not think that it is an iPhone problem because it was terrible on my Treo, before the first iPhone came out.

However, the current knock on AT&T is there disdain for the iPhone customer. AT&T still treats the iPhone subscriber differently from other customers. One hopes that Verizon will not do this. If Verizon does not treat iPhone subscribers any better than AT&T does, there will not be any motive to move. I will not be willing to give up GSM for a couple days per year of service in SF.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
An iPhone will be the only thing that keeps me with VZW. The only reason I don't have an iPhone now is AT&Ts coverage where I live - it's not very good.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
It is a little hard to say until one sees the Verizon terms and conditions. I was in downtown Manhattan recently and neither AT&T or Verizon had data service.
However, I do not think that the AT&T service level is the issue that it has been. I will let you know after I return from San Francisco in February. As of my last trip to SF, AT&T data service there was still a disaster. I do not think that it is an iPhone problem because it was terrible on my Treo, before the first iPhone came out.

However, the current knock on AT&T is there disdain for the iPhone customer. AT&T still treats the iPhone subscriber differently from other customers. One hopes that Verizon will not do this. If Verizon does not treat iPhone subscribers any better than AT&T does, there will not be any motive to move. I will not be willing to give up GSM for a couple days per year of service in SF.

How does AT&T treat iPhone customers differently?

For the poll, sticking with AT&T for sure. Looking forward to all the defectors freeing up my bandwidth.

Last edited:

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
AT&T charges $375 for early termination fee. I think that may be the highest out of the top "4".

2GB cap is not enough for some

I'm on sprint now, and I pay $69 for unlimited mobile to mobile, text and data, plus the $10 surge charge. Plus I can also use Verizon towers.

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Currently using verizon Mifi and an iPhone 4 on AT&T. Paying the cancel fee for the phone and ending my month to month Mifi to switch will be cheaper in the long run.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I plan to stick with AT&T until further notice. Now if Verizon is offering monthly savings, say more than 10 bucks, then I would consider switching once they go to LTE. Simultaneous voice and data are crucial to me.

Last edited:

sirchip

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
staying with at&t not giving up my unlimited data plus 18% off my bill...the defecters like it stated in the thread earlier might improve the bandwidth over at at&t.

r.santa1

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I've had them both and Prefer AT&T 3 g over vzw. Voice and data rock!!! I talk alot and can surf and text away. Or even Bbm when I am on my blackberry

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Same. Price is a BIG factor for some.

The voice and data at the same time is nice, but come on, how often would that happen?

It is a nice option voice and data- like when you are looking something up when you are talking to somebody, like directions. I actually missed that feature when I went to Verizon, but it's not like I miss it every day like I missed having a simple conversation without the call being dropped 2-3 times before I had no connection, despite having full signal strength. Then I would have to go outside to join the smokers to make a phone call. Ah... the memories of AT&T service.

I'm surprised so many people are sticking with AT&T, I would have thought more wanted to go to Verizon. But then again, that unlimited data plan is going to be a strong anchor to AT&T. And the termination fee is not exactly pleasant.

AT&T's wonderful service in nyc/nj left such a bad impression on me and the fact that my Verizon phone just worked, put the nail in AT&T's coffin. Also I can get a 20% work discount with Big Red, so that is no small matter either. Better service and cheaper? For me, the clear winner is Verizon.

But so far it seems like among the non-iPhone users who voted in the poll, 100% are willing to get the Verizon version... but only 4 non-iPhone owners have voted...

Whatever the outcome, I hope that this will translate into cheaper monthly rates for all iPhone users.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Does Verizon still have the unlimited data plan or did they nix it like AT&T did? With Sprint, I fell they have the best deal. for $69 a month, you get unlilted data, text and mobile to mobile on any network and get 450 minutes to landlines included. Plus when you roam, you use Verizon towers.

I assume if you roam on Verizon, you use sprint towers.

Sprints early termnation fee is $200. Thats $175 less. Not sure what Verizon is, but I assume its at or around the same price. I guess AT&T raised it to keep people locked in due to the verizon iPhone rumors, or to just help pay to improve their towers, so once a certin percentage of people leave, they can lower the price down again.

I'm not sure how AT&Ts service is here in the Portland metro area, so I wont say iy sucks or its good, since I don't know. I havn;t heard anything bad about it./

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh