Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Default iphone keeps turning screen on and off while talking....

my phone keeps turning on and off while i am on it ..it usually hangs up on the person i am talking to or it gets put on mute.i have restored it a couple of times and it stills happens.. anyone else have this issue or know how i can fix it.... thanks
    iMore Intermediate

Yes, it has to do with the proximity sensor issue. The most current update was supposed to fix it, however I still have issues with it as well as some of my friends. I have to say that it is MUCH better now, by only putting people on speaker phone or mute, rarely I hang up on someone now. You can try taking it to the Apple store, but they told me I would have to reproduce the issues (which I was unable to do standing in the store) before they would even think of looking into it deeper. I've read others just took it in to an Apple store and got theirs replaced. Good luck!!
    iPhone Elite

Global Posts
    2,485 Global Posts

My first phone didn't have the proximity sensor issue, but my replacement device does. So annoying. Hopefully Apple goes back to the sensors they were using before in the next gen.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

well i went to aple today and they replaced with no issue .the guy ther told me that it has to do with the screen protecter i put on it.i told him he was full of it.. lol oh well they said that 4.2 was due out by the end of the month hopefully just maybe it will fix the issue ......
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    3,819 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jellotime91 View Post
    Hopefully Apple goes back to the sensors they were using before in the next gen.
    It's not the sensor itself, more like placement. It used to be where the front facing camera is. Perhaps the my should switch the camera to the other side.
    iPhone Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post
    It's not the sensor itself, more like placement. It used to be where the front facing camera is. Perhaps the my should switch the camera to the other side.
    Didn't it used to consist of 3 dots? And if so, would it be possible to locate them around the camera? i don't know much about electronics (well the insides for that matter), but just thinking out loud.
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: iphone keeps turning screen on and off while talking....

Hi I am having the very same problem with my Iphone 5 s i reset it 3 times and its still doing it . sprint tech support told me there is a sensor on it that can be turned off on during calls but I have not found it. so I am still trying to find away to fix it.