iphone keeps turning screen on and off while talking....

S R H

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
my phone keeps turning on and off while i am on it ..it usually hangs up on the person i am talking to or it gets put on mute.i have restored it a couple of times and it stills happens.. anyone else have this issue or know how i can fix it.... thanks

Ariyala

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it has to do with the proximity sensor issue. The most current update was supposed to fix it, however I still have issues with it as well as some of my friends. I have to say that it is MUCH better now, by only putting people on speaker phone or mute, rarely I hang up on someone now. You can try taking it to the Apple store, but they told me I would have to reproduce the issues (which I was unable to do standing in the store) before they would even think of looking into it deeper. I've read others just took it in to an Apple store and got theirs replaced. Good luck!! :)

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
My first phone didn't have the proximity sensor issue, but my replacement device does. So annoying. Hopefully Apple goes back to the sensors they were using before in the next gen.

S R H

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
well i went to aple today and they replaced with no issue .the guy ther told me that it has to do with the screen protecter i put on it.i told him he was full of it.. lol oh well they said that 4.2 was due out by the end of the month hopefully just maybe it will fix the issue ......:D

jumpman2033

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
It's not the sensor itself, more like placement. It used to be where the front facing camera is. Perhaps the my should switch the camera to the other side.

Didn't it used to consist of 3 dots? And if so, would it be possible to locate them around the camera? i don't know much about electronics (well the insides for that matter), but just thinking out loud.

brettbaby

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
Hi I am having the very same problem with my Iphone 5 s i reset it 3 times and its still doing it . sprint tech support told me there is a sensor on it that can be turned off on during calls but I have not found it. so I am still trying to find away to fix it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods