IP4 Voicemail auto dial from lock screen. + New Convert.

porksoda

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
As a bb user i have recently switched to ip4. This phone has gone beyond my expectations. I am still learning how to do things and this forum has been great help.

I don't find the email to be lacking in any way on the ip4... infact everyday i find a new cool feature that is fantastic.

I am a convert & a believer!!!

I have one question for the veterans here that i haven't been able to find out.

I use my phone a lot for voice calls and i tend to lock it before i pop it in my pocket (ip4). If i get a call and i am unable to take it it goes to voicemail and i get the new voicemail notification.

I have experienced this today and i was able to replicate. If the phone is locked and there is a new voicemail notification if i unlock (swipe) the phone it automatically starts to dial voicemail.

How do i get around this as i do not want to dial voicemail everytime i unlock the phone (only if there was a new voicemail).

thanks in advance.

porksoda

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
nope just regular voicemail.

also another question.

on the recent/missed call list... is there a way to delete just one or two items or its just clear all?

rgar3388

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
I have visual voicemail setup so that doesn't happen to me. I don't think theres a way to not make it dial voicemail when you have a new one unless visual voicemail is setup. I could be wrong but I'm almost positive. Also there is currently no way to delete just one or two recent/missed calls. That is a feature I've been waiting on for a while as I'd like to have only a few of the people I talk to often in my recents. There are jailbreak apps that let you do this however. I'm not sure about non-jailbroken apps though.

porksoda

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
So I should switch to visual voicemail then?

Because otherwise it's a bit of pain that voicemail gets dialed everytime I unlock the phone. Thanks for the missed/recent call log confirmation.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
If AT&T is your provider don't be surprised if you start getting texts saying you have the incorrect data plan and you need to switch.

porksoda

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
No i am in canada.. rogers.

So i solved the voicemail auto dial from screen problem... it was just me and a feature of voicemail...

When i have a voicemail and the phone has been locked if i try to unlock it it reads: "Slide to listen to voicemail".

that was it.

I just have to read and be careful what i press as things on the iphone are sometime not same depending on the scenario.

mperkel

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
just press the lock button and when u attempt to unlock it won't be there.
most notifications work like that as well.
i.e. Facebook notification, but you don't want to open up facebook.

porksoda

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
just press the lock button and when u attempt to unlock it won't be there.
most notifications work like that as well.
i.e. Facebook notification, but you don't want to open up facebook.

Thanks

I had more runins with the lock screen changing for various events. I tried exactly what you suggested and works like a charm.

There should be a collection of tips n tricks for new ip users like myself.

More importantly I love this device!!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2