jailbreaking

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
My son says that "jailbreaking" voids the warranty on the iPhone, but i should do it anyway when i get mine in Dec. If i jailbreak, can the iPhone be reset so that the people at AT&T or the Apple store won't be able to tell? What happens if you drop the phone, and it can't be reset? Are you S.O.L?

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
My son says that "jailbreaking" voids the warranty on the iPhone, but i should do it anyway when i get mine in Dec. If i jailbreak, can the iPhone be reset so that the people at AT&T or the Apple store won't be able to tell? What happens if you drop the phone, and it can't be reset? Are you S.O.L?

Even if you drop the phone, you will still be able to restore it using itunes.

Reactions: anon(631531)

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
re:regarding jailbreaking

Bumped into an AT&T rep while shopping. Told him about my getting the iPhone4, and also mentioned jailbreaking. He said he knows that a large percentage of iPhone users do jailbreak, and it does open up more possibilities with the phone, HOWEVER, over an extended period of time it can damage the phone. Is this rep just blowing smoke up my ***, or is there some truth to what he told me?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
It will not do anything to your phone over time it is software based. You are able to play around with your phone's file system and some apps that aren't written well may make the phone unstable but it will not physically do anything to your phone.

If you need to reset your phone for warranty there's no problem. If you can't get the phone to do the restore neither will they and so it wont be an issue. If you need to take it in you can just restore it as default first. Even if you take it in jailbroken they don't take the phone from you or write it in your serial or something depending on the genius they will either tell you to go home and restore it before bringing it back or they will just refuse to do anything with the phone. You can either go to another Apple store or whatever or bring it back on another day after you've restored it. Check the Jailbreak forums there's a wealth of info there ;)

Reactions: anon(631531)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro