iOS 4.2 bugs

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
So here we are, with the GM build. So what bugs have you found? I am still updating my iPhone, so I'll return with bugs I may find. Please share your findings.

Personally I am hoping they have fixed the Safari bug where if I visit any page, when I press back, it loads an older cached page. It's at least 2 days old in my case. If I clear the cache, it's not a problem until a few days later after visiting sites frequently. It's been a problem since the original 4.0 release.

Last edited:

dt81

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Ya, Ive been holding off on installing this until I hear some feedback from you guys. Plus the whole losing my JB thing is not appealing at the moment.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Ya, Ive been holding off on installing this until I hear some feedback from you guys. Plus the whole losing my JB thing is not appealing at the moment.

Please understand that any current JB method already works on 4.2. However if you have a carrier unlock, it will break it.

As for me, I haven't found any bugs that affect my daily use. Battery life has improved slightly.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Remember most people don't know that 4.2 is mainly a IPad only update. And the few actually new Iphone features are for Iphone 4 only. Like new text tone alerts.

The only real new features added to the Iphone on 4.2 are ......

Assign different text tone alerts to each contact (iPhone only)
2 new fonts for Notes in Settings (Helvetica and Chalkboard)
Ringer & Alerts on/off switch (Settings > Sounds) for volume buttons (iPhone only)

The other stuff is stupid stuff like a new voice memo icon and a new birthday icon in calendar, lol, oh a a few new wallpapers.

And these aren't anything special

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
GM build is the same as the one the will release to the public right??

There *may* be a slight change, but this is 99.9999999 and 9/10ths% final. What kind of changes? Well the 4.0 gold master build included gamecenter, but it was removed when it was publicly released.

Let's please keep this thread about bugs.

Reactions: snakes2003g

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I notice that for the GM build the music volume doesn't drop out as much when you get a message. threw me off for a little bit today

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
also I am beginning to notice that apps that have to pull info from remote servers, other then gamecenter, are taking much longer or don't load at all

examples: netflix and ngmoco games

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
That may be because the dev hasn't updated their apps. Then again, I'm still waiting for some programs to update to retina display.

dt81

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
If the Elite Pro HD theme will not look properly with the 4.2, then I am not going to update just yet.

stevedabomb

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Oh no! I just got my phone replaced and the sensor is working. I had hoped that it would not fail again.

its really bad now. it managed to put someone on hold and dial someone else while i was on a call. the worst it ever did before was mute someone. i might just deal with it till the official is released.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR