TomTom makes good on it's own mistake

anon(4686936)

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Like many TomTom for iPhone users who subscribed to their traffic service, I was very disappointed to see it stop working properly a few updates ago. Now with version 1.5, traffic has finally been fixed. But again, like many, I was wondering if TomTom was going to make up for months of lost traffic service. Well, this morning, I woke up to the following email from TomTom:

Valued TomTom Traffic Subscriber,

We recently identified issues that may have impacted your experience with TomTom Traffic on the TomTom App for iPhone. These issues have been resolved with the latest update to Version 1.5, made available October 15th. If you have not already done so, please update your app to Version 1.5 to receive all the benefits of TomTom Traffic.

We value you as a TomTom customer and want to continue to deliver a first-class navigation experience to you. As such, we are extending the traffic subscription -- at no additional cost to
you -- for the amount of time you may have been affected by this issue. Also, as we realize you may have been inconvenienced, we will extend your subscription by an additional 4 weeks.

These free updates to your traffic subscription will be added to your TomTom Traffic account within the next 4 to 6 weeks and require no further action from you.

Once the service is added to your account, you will be able to see the new expiration date of your subscription on your phone by opening the application, going to the main menu, and tapping on TomTom Traffic.

So, it looks like in the next month or so, we will see our subscriptions lengthened plus and additional month. It's nice to see a company own up to it's own problem, fix and then reimburse the customer for it.

kevmiami#IM

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I have been a big TomTom fan, since the early days on the Treo. I've always liked their interfaces. Just bought a 4 yesterday and installed TomTom and Traffic last night. It keeps asking me for my itunes pw - what a pain. Any ideas? So far - love the phone, what a great device, especially after hating my Pre for almost 17mths!

Sharp Zaurus (Great) ->HP Jornada (Sucked) ->Sony Clie T615 (Fantastic) ->Treo 650 (Very Good)->Treo 755p (Very Excellent) ->Palm Pre (What a POS) -> iPhone 4-32 (Off to great start). Almost going to miss my 5yrs & 39wks on Treo/Pre Central - New beginnings :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2