Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SeanHRCC
  • 1 Post By aanaya abid
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Default How do I transfer videos from my iPhone 4 to my mac?

Hello all! I was wondering if anyone on here knows how to transfer videos from your iPhone 4 to your mac without having to email them, as that compresses them which sucks. I know there are third party programs, but I don't want to spend money for something I should be able to do outright. Anyone know how?? The videos are from the World Series and I do not want to lose them when I hook it up and it syncs them into oblivion. Thanks.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,023 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Can't you just import them with iPhoto or whatever you use to manage your pictures?
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Newbie

I am not sure i Have never done it this way and I am sure you can, but when I click the photos tab it says it wants to sync and that it will delete everyhting i have on my phone and I obviously dont want to lose my world series videos
    iMore Newbie

iOS Version

Wink

You dont have to delete the vids or pics that you have on your iPhone. Just select the "do not discard" and you'll be all good =)
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iPhone Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by willows3 View Post
    You dont have to delete the vids or pics that you have on your iPhone. Just select the "do not discard" and you'll be all good =)

But the only options i have once its plugged in is to sync from iphoto and I dont have anything in iphoto
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,964 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

When you connect your iPhone to iPhoto you will see it pop up in the left hand column, after it shows up there, click on on it and it will show you all media on your phone. It will ask you if you want to sync, you say yes and then it will ask you if you want to delete originals from iPhone...

Its about as ***** proof as you can get really.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iPhone Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    When you connect your iPhone to iPhoto you will see it pop up in the left hand column, after it shows up there, click on on it and it will show you all media on your phone. It will ask you if you want to sync, you say yes and then it will ask you if you want to delete originals from iPhone...

When I hook up my iphone to iphoto it doesnt show anything on the left. It shows the iphone and says import photos which I can do, but it won't let me import any videos at all. It could be that I have a really old version of iphoto my mac is 6 years old so.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,964 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Could be...did you check what WAS imported to see if any of those files were in fact the vids? I remember importing some stuff before, some of the pics looked like the vid thumbnails, but the vids were there.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  
    iPhone Newbie

Could be...did you check what WAS imported to see if any of those files were in fact the vids? I remember importing some stuff before, some of the pics looked like the vid thumbnails, but the vids were there.
    Yea I did actually it imported all of my pictures, but not the videos and I did check, it is iphoto version 4.0.3 so thats probably why
    iPhone Beginner

This is the first time as I know that iPhoto can be used for transferring videos between iphone and mac,so amazing for me that I'll back to do it as what you say,thanks.

Cheers!
    iPhone Nanite

you can use ifunbox, copytrans.....
    many soft useful can help you transfer videos from your iPhone 4 to mac
    Banned

Default Re: How do I transfer videos from my iPhone 4 to my mac?

Importing videos quickly from the iPhone 4S to a Mac – here are the easy steps.

Step 1, Connect your iPhone to your Mac with its USB (sync) cable
    Step 2, Launch the Image Capture app on your Mac
    Step 3, Transfers your videos to the Mac
    Thanked by:
    Batbrat (05-17-2014)
    Batbrat likes this.