Will there be Face time on Pc

SteveP

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
It seems like there should be since a large portion of iPhone users probably have Windows PCs. Though offering it only on Macs might be a small factor in someone switch over to a Mac.

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Thats Apples mission. They want people to go to the Mac.

I completely agree with this statement, but I'd like to add (for Steve Jobs): Make them cheaper and more people will switch. I recently bought a new laptop and got pretty much the same machine I could have gotten with a MacBook or MBP for $400 less. I would have gotten a Mac in a heartbeat if it weren't for that.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I think you will see Face time on lot's of platforms including the PC ... Give it some time, heck the Mac OSX version is still beta software.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
The FaceTime protocol will actually be an open standard, so any company who makes chat software will be able to make their own FaceTime-compatible programs for the PC.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm pretty sure it will go to the PC once it is out of Beta. Apple has a long history of limiting Beta software to the Mac platform.

Robert Waldroup

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
cost/benefit

Judging by the positive responses on this site, public opinion seems to favor this idea. But you never know - apple is very protective of their software and will not release to PC if they can have more gain by using this as a draw to buy Apples.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Judging by the positive responses on this site, public opinion seems to favor this idea. But you never know - apple is very protective of their software and will not release to PC if they can have more gain by using this as a draw to buy Apples.

One thing you also got to remember is, they would need to make face time work with the vast amount of webcams out there. With the macs, iPods and iPhones, the camera is made by apple so you will know it will work.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I hear that, I wish I could use iTunes on my PC!

The reason the iTunes was made for the PC, because the iPod was so successful in its first two years as being a mac only product, that they decided to support Windows. If they didn't do that,. the iPod wouldnt have been so succsufll.

Facetime. if different. So if iLife.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
The reason the iTunes was made for the PC, because the iPod was so successful in its first two years as being a mac only product, that they decided to support Windows. If they didn't do that,. the iPod wouldnt have been so succsufll.

Facetime. if different. So if iLife.

How is Facetime any different? I'd guess that the majority of iPhone owners use Windows, and any other Windows users that Apple can get interested in Facetime--for instance by offering Facetime for PCs--will only add more iPhone users. Apple has every reason to offer at least some version to Windows users.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
One thing you also got to remember is, they would need to make face time work with the vast amount of webcams out there. With the macs, iPods and iPhones, the camera is made by apple so you will know it will work.

Uh, MSN, skype, yahoo!, etc works with the vast amount of webcams out there just fine. It wouldn't be difficult at all.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods