- iPhone Newbie
- 15 Posts
IOS4.1 causing battery drain?
I just downloaded the IOS 4.1 yesterday for my 3GS and since that time, my battery has been draining at an alarmingly fast rate. Has anyone heard anything about this new IOS being linked to this problem? If not, what else could it be? Need help please.
- 11-20-2010, 03:19 PM #2
- 11-21-2010, 10:55 AM #3iMore Newbie
- 26 Posts
I purchased an unlocked, jb 3GS 4.1 a few weeks ago and the battery life was just horrible. After trying many things, what worked for me was turning off cellular data. My battery life is vastly improved - I'm charging it at night, but that's only because I like to have a fully charged battery to start the day.
- 11-21-2010, 01:56 PM #4iPhone Newbie
- 18 Posts
1. First, you need to disable/check location services because more or heavy traffic location services usage can result in poor battery life.
2. Check Internet tethering. May attempting to establish a tethering connection that will eventually drain your battery life
3. Bad apps to blame? Apps incompatible with iOS 4.1 can also cause poor battery life
4. Reset Push accounts or turn off Push.
5. Calibrate the battery. Let it empty and recharge again. Check for excessive battery drain.
6. (use as a last resort) Restore, but not from a backup
I hope that this will help.
Credit : Elisha