Photos on incoming calls

blazanik

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I am a recent crackberry convert and love everything about the iPhone 4!

I have synced the facebook app with my contacts and included pictures so that their picture would show up when I receive a call.

When a contact calls me that has a FB photo under their name, the image that displays is whatever is set to my lock screen. There is a very small image in a box that shows up next to the callers name.

I added a new contact and took my own picture and had that contact phone me and the picture showed up full screen. Is there any way t have all pictures show up full screen on an incoming call?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Is it still true that using Google sync for your contacts means you can only get the smaller picture sizes?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
But before switching to using Google for my contacts, I could add a contact photo from the camera roll, but then delete the original from the camera roll, and the contact would still be full screen. Since making the switch, it seems like nothing I do will get me a full screen contact picture--I can add it from my camera roll, but it seems like once Google does its OTA sync it only provides a thumbnail.

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
This has been annoying me for a long time now. Google only stores low res pics in their contacts database. I want Google to store hi res pics so they show up full screen. Come on Google we know you have the storage.

BTW the local hi res pics don't have to be in the camera roll, they can be in folders in Photos. I used to keep a Contacts folder synced to my PC before I started using Google Exchange. One way around this if you don't mind NOT using exchange is to let iTunes sync to Google every time you plug the phone in. It will then keep your hi res contact pics.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I also keep a folder called contact pics. But unless the photo started from the camera roll, it never shows full screen.

Robert Waldroup

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Backdoor?

Would it be possible to somehow get photos from a different camera into the camera roll via backdoor methods? This might accomplish the desired goal of full size images from outside sources.

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
I also keep a folder called contact pics. But unless the photo started from the camera roll, it never shows full screen.

Not true. Most of my contact pics were taken with other cameras. The key is they have to be resized to 1200x1600 px. Then as long as you don't use Google as an exchange account, your fine. Instead just have iTunes sync with your Google contacts and you have the best of both worlds. I have my friend setup this way because full screen pics are important to him. As for me I like the exchange feature more than full screen pics (although I wish Google would change the profile pic size).

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Would it be possible to somehow get photos from a different camera into the camera roll via backdoor methods? This might accomplish the desired goal of full size images from outside sources.

Email the photo to yourself and save from the email. It saves to your camera roll.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Not true. Most of my contact pics were taken with other cameras. The key is they have to be resized to 1200x1600 px. Then as long as you don't use Google as an exchange account, your fine. Instead just have iTunes sync with your Google contacts and you have the best of both worlds. I have my friend setup this way because full screen pics are important to him. As for me I like the exchange feature more than full screen pics (although I wish Google would change the profile pic size).

Somewhere in between is a workable solution.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
On my phone they do. I was disappointed to discover that when I got my iPhone 4 and none of the photos I'd meticulously placed in my "contact pics" folder showed up full screen.

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
On my phone they do. I was disappointed to discover that when I got my iPhone 4 and none of the photos I'd meticulously placed in my "contact pics" folder showed up full screen.

I too have an iPhone 4 as do some of my friends. The method I posted above works. Are you sure your pics are resized correctly? Are you using exchange?

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
Here's what I want to know... I've seen the small caller id photos displayed while you're on a call with someone, like when you're talking to them and their name is up top above the options screen and there's the pic next to it. Well, my phone doesn't display the little pic, just the name. Is there a reason for that? I'm using the 4, btw.

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
Yep. I have a folder of contact pics that I use, so that's not the issue. Their big pic comes up when they call, but the little one doesn't display when I'm talking to them.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2