how to take it off?

jairo1daywrk4apple

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey my little cousin (he's 8) found an Ipod Touch yesterday in the middle of the park and he wants to keep it cause no one claimed it we waited at the park for like 2 hours.
But it has a lock on it, so what can we do? is there anyway to get the passcode? or to take off a passcode etc?

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
You can try this:

1) Install any desktop software for browsing the iphone filesystem (iPhoneBrowser/iFunBox/SSH/DiskAid trial version).

2) Navigate to the directory /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/ and delete "com.apple.springboard.plist"

3) Then you can navigate to the directory /var/Keychains/ and delete "keychain-2.db"

4) After deleting the last file, reboot the iphone.

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Chances are you can only do that if the iPod is jailbroken, and I know for a fact that you can't access that folder with iPhone Explorer on Windows.

dBMan

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey my little cousin (he's 8) found an Ipod Touch yesterday in the middle of the park and he wants to keep it cause no one claimed it we waited at the park for like 2 hours.
But it has a lock on it, so what can we do? is there anyway to get the passcode? or to take off a passcode etc?

Couldn't you just use iTunes to restore the OS to factury defaults and treat it as a new device?

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
A simple restore should make it good as new. You will lose the stuff on it but it was never yours/his to begin with so starting fresh isnt a bad thing.

therandomone

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site

What is wrong with you people? finders, keepers does NOT make it yours.

You should do the right thing and take it to the police station, so that the rightful owner can actually claim it, if they don't, then it becomes yours.

jeez. :(

Reactions: ChrisGonzales90

jairo1daywrk4apple

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
What is wrong with you people? finders, keepers does NOT make it yours.

You should do the right thing and take it to the police station, so that the rightful owner can actually claim it, if they don't, then it becomes yours.

jeez. :(

(awkward silence) dude ... the police station really? the kid is 8 and found it in the middle of the park... we waited for an hour, if they dont come back thats not my problem.
And thanks everyone i restored it and it works now =)

therandomone

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
(awkward silence) dude ... the police station really? the kid is 8 and found it in the middle of the park... we waited for an hour, if they dont come back thats not my problem.
And thanks everyone i restored it and it works now =)

Are you saying that 8 is too young to teach a kid to do the right thing?Maybe the person didn't realize within the hour, but it still doesn't make it yours. Seriously, would you like it if somebody stole your ipod?

Reactions: ChrisGonzales90

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Are you saying that 8 is too young to teach a kid to do the right thing?Maybe the person didn't realize within the hour, but it still doesn't make it yours. Seriously, would you like it if somebody stole your ipod?

Agreed. now that kid is going to think, ah! I found this bag of money. No one is around looking for it, I guess its mine!

I was shopping one time, and set my phone down in the deli deparment. i forgot it. I came back a while later looking for it. Luckly they kept it behind the counter and no one took it.

Reactions: therandomone

jairo1daywrk4apple

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site

lmao dude seriously yeah jump off the d, its not a bag of money, its not someones credit card or a social security car, or someones keys... its an Ipod Touch, if you loose it, sorry but maybe you should take better care of it.
and no i wouldnt like it, but its happened twice, i left my ipod at the floor on the gym like a dumba** and it was taken...
i can stomp and pout all i want but its my own fault.

Reactions: jackie treehorn

jumpman2033

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
lmao dude seriously yeah jump off the d, its not a bag of money, its not someones credit card or a social security car, or someones keys... its an Ipod Touch, if you loose it, sorry but maybe you should take better care of it.
and no i wouldnt like it, but its happened twice, i left my ipod at the floor on the gym like a dumba** and it was taken...
i can stomp and pout all i want but its my own fault.

Granted i would be really ticked if this happened to me, but gotta agree. If you put down your phone, ipod etc. in a public place then it's noones fault but your own if it ends up gone. That goes for a bag of money as well. If you are dumb enough to put a bag of money down in a public place then i'm not going to feel sorry for you losing it. Just my personal philosophy. If something is of value to you take care of it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73