- 10-20-2010, 04:38 PM #2
- 10-20-2010, 04:50 PM #4
- 10-20-2010, 04:58 PM #6
- 10-20-2010, 05:28 PM #7
Tethering was the main reason I started jailbreaking, but now I can't stand when I don't have it.
Having my calendar and the weather on my lock screen (lockinfo), having a much better notification system (notified pro), having a much better SMS app that lets me reply to or send an SMS from anywhere (biteSMS, irealSMS, etc.), and being able to turn on/off things like bluetooth, wifi, etc. with just 2 gestures (SBsettings), are all things that I can't give up..
facetime and apps over 20mb with 3g unrestrictor, private mode browsing in safari, having folders close after I launch an app, and some of those other little tweaks are pretty damn sweet as well.
I don't do theme's though, they always make my phone run like crap.
- 10-20-2010, 06:07 PM #8
- 10-20-2010, 06:46 PM #9
A part of me is wondering JB would open options for downloading free music (if possible, in a torrent fashion). Music, movies, games, those kinds of things. I guess I'm talking about things which would be considered illegal, but I'm a college student.. is anyone really surprised? lol
- 10-20-2010, 07:24 PM #12
- 10-20-2010, 07:50 PM #13
soon your option of sms tones will all begin to sound like finger nails on a chalk board. your options will be endless when your jailbroken, as well as email, calendar etc. tones
i would say just give it a whirl. research as much as possible and as always there are people here to help (in the jailbreak forum )
if something goes wrong or if it's simply not for you, Restore your device and go back to the way it was originally
- 10-20-2010, 08:30 PM #14
- 10-21-2010, 12:29 AM #15
- 10-21-2010, 02:26 AM #16
- 10-21-2010, 04:46 AM #17
- 10-21-2010, 05:42 AM #18
- 10-21-2010, 07:44 AM #19iMore Beginner
- 73 Posts
I like the tweaks that have been talked about. 5 icon dock, BiteSMS, LockInfo, and SBSettings, tap to unlock. Don't use themes since they seem to slow things down and cause battery drain. I like to be able to use *my* phone the way I want to, not the way Apple insists I want.
- 10-21-2010, 08:02 AM #20
- 10-21-2010, 08:36 AM #21
Farbod pretty much nailed it.
Those tweaks add up.
1. 5 icon dock. Doesn't sound like much but pretty helpful.
2. BiteSMS. Being able to quick reply while in another app is very nice. Also has many other features.
3. MyWi. It's a wifi tethering hotspot. Accept no substitutes.
4. My3G. This will probably always be reason enough to jb. Don't accept download limitations or wifi only. Facetime over 3G works fine.
5. LockCalendar. Simple app that displays your upcoming schedule on the lock screen. There are others though, some that include weather, etc.
6. Safari downloader and ifile. Download files from safari. Ifile to open them.
7. Full screen safari. Makes safari full screen. Navigate using gestures such as switching tabs, bringing up bookmarks, etc.
8. Folder apps. Can add more apps per folder. Folders in folders. Set to close folder when exiting an app & more.
9. Yourtube2. Can download youtube content and even add the movies or songs to your ipod library.
10. Sbsettings. Change settings (such as turning wifi on or off) on the fly by swiping top bar.
That's my top 10 i guess. I don't use themes or ringtones but those are there as well.
Last edited by cardfan; 10-21-2010 at 08:39 AM.
- 10-21-2010, 10:25 AM #22
- 10-22-2010, 09:56 AM #23