Jailbreak Question(s)

Runningwolf

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey all, question about the jailbreak process specifically with iOS upgrades. I have a iPhone 4 and am considering jailbreaking it. Found plenty of "How to" videos, that is the easy part.

Once Jailbroken;
  • I can get jailbroken apps, can I still connect to the iTunes store and get new (apple approved) apps? (ie, Cydia doesn't make itunes stop working?)

• Come November when 4.2, will iTunes automatically update the iOS? Then I just have to wait for a new version of the jailbreak to come out?

• If I want to revert my phone back to a vanilla state, how would I do that?

Sorry for the Noobish questions, but I would rather know in advance then be stuck with a brick. Thanks for any assistance.

MAGNUS

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
  • I can get jailbroken apps, can I still connect to the iTunes store and get new (apple approved) apps? (ie, Cydia doesn't make itunes stop working?)

Yes. You can still download apple approved apps via your phone and iTunes.

• Come November when 4.2, will iTunes automatically update the iOS? Then I just have to wait for a new version of the jailbreak to come out?

No. When you connect your iDevice to iTunes it will prompt you that a new update is available and ask if you want to download and install. Simply hit No/Not at this time.

• If I want to revert my phone back to a vanilla state, how would I do that?

Connect your iDevice to iTunes and Restore. This will put restore your phone to factory settings.

Reactions: Alli