Help! Can't get wifi transfer to work

dBMan

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone. I have a question I'm hoping this community can help me with. I have an iPhone 3GS 32GB running iOS 4.1. Used to be jailbroken first with Blackra1n and then Spirit. Haven't re-jailbroken since the upgrade to 4.1 yet. My question is about using wifi transfer with the Photo Transfer App. I can't get the connection to the computer to work. I'm pretty tech savvy but this is beating me up. I have tried on Windows 7 and Vista. I have a router and have set up a virtual server to allow port 8080 and the iPhone IP address through the router. I have tried disabling Windows Firewall, and also set up inbound and outbound rules to allow port 8080 through. Still nothing. When I enter the IP address as indicated on the Photo Transfer App into the browser it just times out.

Any suggestions? This has to be a firewall issue I'm thinking but I can't figure it out.

Thanks!

Rich.

Last edited:

DavidSights

Oct 20, 2010
youtube.com
I've actually never touched any kind of Wifi transfer with my iPhone, but I do know that Macs have a capturing software for videos and photos. It's called "Image Capture".

Good luck,

dBMan

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I've actually never touched any kind of Wifi transfer with my iPhone, but I do know that Macs have a capturing software for videos and photos. It's called "Image Capture".

Good luck,

Thanks. I'm on a PC. But I will be putting a Linux partition on so maybe that will work.

dBMan

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
This is not a jailbreak issue. I'm using an App Store app called Photo Transfer App for copying photos to/from the iPhone over Wifi. There are other apps that support wifi transfer as well, all using the same procedure. Thanks.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal