@Omari, what about the iPhone's n wifi is not "real"? It works very well for me. I get MUCH better reception and faster download speeds than I did on the 3GS.
I'd just like the following, some of it isn't even stuff I want but something I know other people REALLY want and I'd like to hear them shut up about:
- Customization (SMS tones are not a big deal, but I hear about them every day and I'd like very much to NOT hear about it)
- A camera that DOESN'T have a green dot in the middle of every effing photo. Honestly that's a much bigger issue than the antenna BS, and the apple store employees have been trained to say "they're all like that" and can't offer any solution. That's RIDICULOUS.
- Yes they may want to do an internal antenna again but I do NOT want plastic. I very much enjoy my caseless, scratchless, DIRTLESS iPhone 4. If they can produce a signal-transparent glass I would greatly appreciate that... And if they're gonna make it external again, why don't they wire it into that black plastic that goes around the front and back glass rims?
- Aluminum back would be cool. I don't see why they didn't go back to that now that the antenna is external.
- GET RID OF THE HOME BUTTON. Come on. Palm and even the jailbreak community have overcome that paradigm. We don't need that button anymore. I personally hate it. Make the front just a screen with a gesture area. MMMMmmmm... I want the iPhone 5 to be monumental! We're getting rid of the clickwheel on the iPod, it's time to get rid of the home button on the iPhone, too.
- If it's possible an advancement in the battery department would be appreciated, or just the way the OS works. Because however it works, it causes my battery when I'm out (and need it most) to only last for about 4-5 hours of usage, whereas when I use it constantly at home on heavy usage it lasts (a VERY impressive) 8-10 hours...
- 64GB storage is unneeded for me, but it's a logical next step and would make my 32GB purchase cheaper next year!
- Some kinda crazy kickass new innovation like Apple always offers. Maybe that camera-behind-the-screen that they patented last year?