What else you got for us Apple?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I think we will eventually see the combination of the iPad and iPhone into one single entity...and as far as solar panels go, it's not completely out of the realm of possibility, with the tech getting cheaper, and the small real estate they have to provide for, it could be a next step.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I think we will eventually see the combination of the iPad and iPhone into one single entity...and as far as solar panels go, it's not completely out of the realm of possibility, with the tech getting cheaper, and the small real estate they have to provide for, it could be a next step.

not for another 15-25 years.

I'd just like Apple to get on the ball with Wireless syncing and just use a micro/mini (what ever its called) USB for charging or come up with their own port. The 30 pin port is nice, but I think its time for an update for the next decade. (and for the iPods 10th birthday next October)

Robert Waldroup

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
My wish is a bit simpler, I would just like to see a more extended battery life to make it easier to take my iphone when i'm on the go and not have to charge it every day.

jairo1daywrk4apple

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Chris 15-25 years are you kidding? in 3 years we've gone from the first Iphone to the Iphone 4 lol in 15 years i cant even imagine what "smartphones" will be like..
and hoenstly i dont get why battery life is still so crappy on phones. I think they need to really experiment and figure a way out for insane battery life because all smart phones suck with battery.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Chris 15-25 years are you kidding? in 3 years we've gone from the first Iphone to the Iphone 4 lol in 15 years i cant even imagine what "smartphones" will be like..
and hoenstly i dont get why battery life is still so crappy on phones. I think they need to really experiment and figure a way out for insane battery life because all smart phones suck with battery.

Yes. Remember how it was like ten years ago and all the crazy ideas people had? Well by the end of 2000 and the start of 2001 life was pretty much the same. As with 2002, 2003 and so on. I see no flying cars, no hovercrafts. no CDs the size of a Quarter. Solor powered cell phones wont come for a while. We need to work on engery first such as the move to natural gas and wind farms and bullding powwerd by solor cells before we work on cell phones. Plus you know how much it would cost?

Besides battery life has nothing to do with solor cells.

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Real 802.11n , 64GB , even faster processor umm , idk ... iPhone is pretty much standard hardware wise. They may want to try internal antennas again , may want to work with AT&T to get facetime OTA by next summer though I doubt it . I honestly wouldnt mind the same device physically given that I own a 3GS but I would miss the roundness.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
@Omari, what about the iPhone's n wifi is not "real"? It works very well for me. I get MUCH better reception and faster download speeds than I did on the 3GS.

I'd just like the following, some of it isn't even stuff I want but something I know other people REALLY want and I'd like to hear them shut up about:

- Customization (SMS tones are not a big deal, but I hear about them every day and I'd like very much to NOT hear about it)

- A camera that DOESN'T have a green dot in the middle of every effing photo. Honestly that's a much bigger issue than the antenna BS, and the apple store employees have been trained to say "they're all like that" and can't offer any solution. That's RIDICULOUS.

- Yes they may want to do an internal antenna again but I do NOT want plastic. I very much enjoy my caseless, scratchless, DIRTLESS iPhone 4. If they can produce a signal-transparent glass I would greatly appreciate that... And if they're gonna make it external again, why don't they wire it into that black plastic that goes around the front and back glass rims?

- Aluminum back would be cool. I don't see why they didn't go back to that now that the antenna is external.

- GET RID OF THE HOME BUTTON. Come on. Palm and even the jailbreak community have overcome that paradigm. We don't need that button anymore. I personally hate it. Make the front just a screen with a gesture area. MMMMmmmm... I want the iPhone 5 to be monumental! We're getting rid of the clickwheel on the iPod, it's time to get rid of the home button on the iPhone, too.

- If it's possible an advancement in the battery department would be appreciated, or just the way the OS works. Because however it works, it causes my battery when I'm out (and need it most) to only last for about 4-5 hours of usage, whereas when I use it constantly at home on heavy usage it lasts (a VERY impressive) 8-10 hours...

- 64GB storage is unneeded for me, but it's a logical next step and would make my 32GB purchase cheaper next year! :)

- Some kinda crazy kickass new innovation like Apple always offers. Maybe that camera-behind-the-screen that they patented last year? :)

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
home button is fine. Perhaps make it smaller and thinner like this

new-iphone-3g.jpg

Just because other people do gesters doesnt mean Apple should do it. I mean, if everyone jumped off a bridge would you?

jairo1daywrk4apple

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Lol that's stupid chris, if everyone jumped off a bridge? Really?
The home button to me isnt a big deal, I'd only want it off so that I'd have more room for a screen lol

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
home button is fine. Perhaps make it smaller and thinner like this

new-iphone-3g.jpg

Just because other people do gesters doesnt mean Apple should do it. I mean, if everyone jumped off a bridge would you?

That has to be the stupidest mockup ever. I'm so sick of seeing that. So many people just think of what looks good and they don't think about how it really works. That button would be extremely hard to press. The whole device would be way too hard to use.

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
not to mention that if it gets much thinner its going to be uncomfortable in the hand, IP4 is about at that limit now.

eventually its going to have to go down to "thin enough to roll up" before its comfortable to use again.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Lol that's stupid chris, if everyone jumped off a bridge? Really?
The home button to me isnt a big deal, I'd only want it off so that I'd have more room for a screen lol

Then make the home button thinner

That has to be the stupidest mockup ever. I'm so sick of seeing that. So many people just think of what looks good and they don't think about how it really works. That button would be extremely hard to press. The whole device would be way too hard to use.

Maybe not that exact mockup. I agree, it is too thin, but come on. the button would be designed just like the volume switches.

Or they could do what other headsets have and have a touch senstive button.

not to mention that if it gets much thinner its going to be uncomfortable in the hand, IP4 is about at that limit now.

eventually its going to have to go down to "thin enough to roll up" before its comfortable to use again.

Tell me about it. I tested both the 4th gen touch and the 4th gen iphone and I like the iPhone more. The touch is too thin,

chuckz28

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
You know I have had the idea to put small solar panels on cellphones for about 11 years now. Numerous times back then I had thought about applying for a patent on it but never did. It really pissed me off when a few years ago I heard Apple applied for that very patent. I wouldn't be surprised if it comes very soon. The solar cells could at least slow the battery drain time down even if the power isn't there to actually charge the phone.

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
You know I have had the idea to put small solar panels on cellphones for about 11 years now. Numerous times back then I had thought about applying for a patent on it but never did. It really pissed me off when a few years ago I heard Apple applied for that very patent. I wouldn't be surprised if it comes very soon. The solar cells could at least slow the battery drain time down even if the power isn't there to actually charge the phone.

but where would you put them? most Phones just don't have the real estate for it. and most cases now and days cover 90% of the phones non screen surface

jairo1daywrk4apple

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah idk about the whole solar panel thing i thought that was a joke lol solar panel would have to be beyond strong to bring in the energy needed to work the phone for hours. they just need to look into some sort of new technology.
MAybe they could talk to Tony Sparks

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Maybe not that exact mockup. I agree, it is too thin, but come on. the button would be designed just like the volume switches.

The home button now is the best way to do it. Capacitive would make it too hard to use. Look at the Android customizations where people try to double-tap the capacitive home button. It just doesn't work. I don't think having it capacitive would offer any advantange unless it were part of a gesture area.

chuckz28

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
but where would you put them? most Phones just don't have the real estate for it. and most cases now and days cover 90% of the phones non screen surface

The entire back of the phone can be one cell. Instead of a plastic shell or piece of glass it can be a solar panel. They can make it so it is aesthetically pleasing to the point you can't even tell that it isn't a piece of plastic.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox