Metal back for iPhone 4!

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I really like that. Mine still has not arrived! It has left Hong Kong though according to the latest tracking info. I'm thinking I'll dig it with the metal back and Apple bumper.

What's on the side of your iPhone budd1e?

budd1e_lee

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
I really like that. Mine still has not arrived! It has left Hong Kong though according to the latest tracking info. I'm thinking I'll dig it with the metal back and Apple bumper.

What's on the side of your iPhone budd1e?

The invisashield wrap that Best Buy was offering to remedy antenna-gate. I like the feel of it, a lot, gives a little more tactile feel in the hand.

After having the back on for a couple of days, the feel isn't a ton different. I do like the look of it.

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
5146807833_3baf5e156a_z.jpg

I didn't know iPhone had a 4G phone.[/QUOTE]

They most definitely have a 4th Generation phone

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Glass isn't signal transparent? I tend to get better signal around windows where ever I go.

Would it not be the LCD, digitizer, and touch layer that block the signal from the front?

But you're not in a ceiling-to-floor, 4 glass wall and ceiling room are you? :p

If you were surrounded completely by glass and metal you wouldn't be able to make a phone call.

MadRebel

Mar 2, 2009
Visit site
I really like the look of this.

One question though...what about the Apple warranty on our phone? I mean when we take the back off if there a seal or something that is broken that apple can see that and will void the warranty on the phone?

Sorry for this being my first post on here, but I'm really curious about this and if the warranty remains intact then I will probably order it as well and just wanted to know real quick.

alpha.male2002

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
this back kills my reception

I dont know if anyone else is having this problem or if they have figured out a way around it. I put the metal back on and I watch the bars go down to 1 bar from like 3 or 4 bars. It sucks because I love the back but cant use it.

Some help would be awesome if anyone else has run into this problem.

Big Dookie

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I dont know if anyone else is having this problem or if they have figured out a way around it. I put the metal back on and I watch the bars go down to 1 bar from like 3 or 4 bars. It sucks because I love the back but cant use it.

Some help would be awesome if anyone else has run into this problem.
I have to say, this is not encouraging news!

I hope that bit of shielding that the original back has (that the metal cover does not apparently) doesn't have anything to do with it.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
if it was my 3G I would have been all over it. However with the i4 there is just something but I'm less likely to mod it like this.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Metal yes, but not glass. I get fine signal in my car.

.. That's different. There are many areas in your car which signal can transfer through. Think about all the cracks between doors and seams etc. etc... An iPhone does not have any of those that the antenna could access.

TampaDude

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
.. That's different. There are many areas in your car which signal can transfer through. Think about all the cracks between doors and seams etc. etc... An iPhone does not have any of those that the antenna could access.

Cracks and seams aren't the issue. Radio waves pass easily through glass.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site

Come on now.

The attenuation coefficient is the level by which a material will block or interfere with radio waves. This coefficient depends heavily on the thickness and composition of the material. Cardboard, paper, many plastics, water, and glass are all substances with very low attenuation coefficients. In addition, wood, brick, and cement have a limited effect on making radio waves blocked. However, metallic compounds, steel-reinforced concrete and the Earth reflects signals, preventing radio signals from passing through.

How are Radio Waves Blocked?

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Got my back in today. Easy to install. It took maybe 30 seconds to complete the swap. The signal does not change from the standard cover and the temperature is also the same as the standard backing.

Oh and the best part of this backing is the fact it makes the phone feel WAY less fragile! I love this thing!

3581h04.jpg

v74kn8.jpg

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Nice, I'm so mad! USPS tried to deliver mine yesterday but because my stupid second floor doorbell is broken (and the dog was out on a walk) I didn't hear it and missed it. They recently stopped making second attempts because people were getting upset that they couldn't go in and pick it up the next day so now I have to go pick it up tomorrow instead of having a present brought to me.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Nice, I'm so mad! USPS tried to deliver mine yesterday but because my stupid second floor doorbell is broken (and the dog was out on a walk) I didn't hear it and missed it. They recently stopped making second attempts because people were getting upset that they couldn't go in and pick it up the next day so now I have to go pick it up tomorrow instead of having a present brought to me.

Ahhh that's lame but at least you will have it very soon. I was like a kid on Christmas when I saw the delivery guy at my door!

matthew23

Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
Got my back in today. Easy to install. It took maybe 30 seconds to complete the swap. The signal does not change from the standard cover and the temperature is also the same as the standard backing.

Oh and the best part of this backing is the fact it makes the phone feel WAY less fragile! I love this thing!

3581h04.jpg

v74kn8.jpg

Is that the gun metal color? I ordered the gun metal diamond cut back cover last night. I am debating if I should have gone with the plain silver color instead to better match the silver on the phone itself. Anyone have any recommendations? Also, what does the diamond cut part mean? I ordered it because I figured it was newer and they might have them in stock sooner but wasn't exactly sure what the diamond cut part meant.

He is the link to the one I got:

Apple iPhone 4 diamond cut black back cover - gunmetal metal insert - - Cellular Accessories |

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox