Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts

Default Email (Exchange) annoying issues

I have set in the email settings to show 200 most recent messages. In my real inbox (the one in my outlook on my pc), there is a total of about 50-60 messages dating back for about 1 month.
    However, both my ipad and iphone4 only show me messages from the past 3 or 4 days, and far less than 200 messages.

1. How do I get my 200 most recent messages to show in my inbox on my ios devices?

2. Is there some jailbreak app maybe that will give me better control over the email settings?

I am using Microsoft Exchange.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > <Exchange Account in question>. Check your setting for "Mail Days to Sync". It's probably set to 3 days.
    Thanked by:
    kingweb (10-17-2010)
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts

Yes, that was it. Thanks!
    iPhone Elite

Global Posts
    2,485 Global Posts

I have the same problem, I changed mine to "No Limit" and it still is only showing 3 email messages...
     iPhone 4 32GB
     MacBook Air 13.3" (May 2011)
     iPad 2 16GB
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jellotime91 View Post
    I have the same problem, I changed mine to "No Limit" and it still is only showing 3 email messages...
    Have you deleted your account and reinstalled it? Had to do that with every phone on Exchange...it will be ok after that...
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,579 Global Posts

Just FYI, but you can also sync multiple Exchange folders. For example, if you frequently need access to your sent items, you can sync the "Sent" folder so you will always have quick access to it instead of waiting for it to download.