3 Questions

Alkali

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
1. While copying a text, how do i copy say just two lines and not the whole text and not just one word?
2. Any program available for resetting my iPhone 4. I mean to restart the device. I came from windows mobile.
3. Any program available to have my signature in text messages and emails.?

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Here are my answers, someone add something that I miss:

1. Hold your finger on part of the content you want to copy. You'll be presented with a copy option and two blue circles on either side of the text. You can drag these circles to the beginning and end of the section you want to copy. Then click copy.

2. To restart, hold down the lock button located on the top right of the device. You will then be presented with "Slide to power off." To turn back on, hold down the lock button again. This is a restart.

3. In Settings > Mail, Contacts and Calendars, scroll down halfway the page and you'll see "Signature." The default signature is "Sent from my iPhone." This will be used for all email accounts on your iPhone, you cannot have custom signatures for each account.

Hope this answers your questions and welcome.

Reactions: ChrisGonzales90

BigB

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Once you have highlighted a word, you can drag the little blue dots around to highlight more or less text.

I'm not sure what sort of program you're looking for the reset the phone, I normally just power it off and then on again.

There is a built in email signature function in the email settings area. I'm not aware of a way to put a signature on a text.. maybe someone else can help there. btw: signatures on text messages are really annoying ;)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
1. You have to copy the entire text and then delete what you don't want after pasting.
2. Unlike with WM, you don't have to reset the iPhone. I mean...ever. I came that route, too. You just don't need to do it.
3. Of course, there is an option in Settings/Mail, Contacts, Calendar for "Signature" for your mail. There is one for sms, too, but I can't remember offhand where it is.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Questions 1 and 2 have been answered.

As for question 3, there is an app I use that lets you make detailed custom sigs for different mail accounts. It is called [URL="http://itunes.apple.com/app/email-signature-pro/id317243351?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]Email Signature Pro [/URL]

There is a [URL="http://itunes.apple.com/app/email-signature-lite/id318339426?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]lite version also.[/URL]

Reactions: Dryland

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
bamf-hacker, thats a nice app. Not sure how much I'd use it tho since I mostly reply to emails on my phone and don't need a signature. I will try out the free version tho.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2