Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts

Question iPhone data plan with blackberry?

Just wanted to know if this was possible? they both have sim slots and they both obviously have data plans but could I (if i wanted to) take my sim card out of my iphone and put it in a blackberry?

Thanks!
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I can't think of a reason this wouldn't work, but I'm certainly no expert. I know that my data plan did not change when I went from Blackberry to Android, but that was with Verizon.
    iPhone Intermediate

You can put the sim card into your blackberry, BUT it wont work with data until you call and tell them you have changed to a blackberry... unless you are a new iphone user the old iphone unlimited data plan cost the same as the blackberry data plan so there will be no charges, just call let them know and vuala
    Usual convo between my old pc and blackberry
    iWas replaced by a Mac... yeah iWas replaced by an Iphone.
    Think he'll be back? ... not a chance.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts

The BB will work as a phone but no data (email, BBM, internet) will come thru as the BB needs access to the RIM servers to work properly.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    215 Global Posts

Actually, you can get data, but not using BIS or BES. You would just use the regular settings for AT&T data. I don't recall off hand, but I think you set it under TCP/IP in the advanced settings. Also, you have to set the browser to "internet browser" and not "blackberry browser".
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

I know when switching a smartphone SIM into an iPhone you have to have AT&T change the data plan for data to work. Calls and text work fine.