The new SMS tones...has Apple lost their minds?

Kannon#AC

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
Seriously. Here's a link to the new SMS tones in 4.2 which just came out with beta 3. The New iPhone SMS Ringtones

Out of 15 tones, there is maybe one that is actually usable as a text tone. They're all too loud and annoying. It's crazy that after 3.5 years, we're still basically stuck with tri-tone (without jailbreaking) because it's the only one that's bearable. Love my iphone, but GD things like this make me wonder if someone at Apple is just screwing with us :mad::mad:

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I saw this earlier and just shook my head. They are all horrible. The fact that they are separated from the others in a "new" section is silly as well.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Horrible to say the least.

Here's an idea apple, any app that has custom tones for notifications should be included in this list. When JB'n, I steal tones from other apps for custom SMS and Mail tones. Boxcar has some cool tones.

Again, these are horrible. More than a reason to JB.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Calypso is the only one that is even close to useable and I still wouldn't use it. Take your heads from the dirt Apple and just let us use our own!

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
something about a disclosure agreement with betas.....

anywho i don't think apple ever really put any thought into there sms tones and that just becomes super evident in the new tones only one i could stand was noir the others were just to long.

some of them if shortened could be nice like the telegram one. If it only did the first measure would be exceptional!

patcom8

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
half of them sound like the start of a fox hunt... i cant believe they think someone would use ANY of those... i can just see it now in the office... RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!!!

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
My god. Those were awful. I really hope jobs tells us what silly reason he won't let us have custom SMS tones. You KNOW he's the one preventing custom SMS tones. You would think he would get p*ssed hearing Tritone all day at the apple campus. I know I get sick of hearing it at MY campus.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I originally thought apple didn't allow custom tones due to the fact that they are mostly obnoxious and stupid.

However, now that they've added these... Apple has no problem with obnoxious and stupid.

Tri-tone remains the ONLY usable text tone ever on the iPhone.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
wow! this device has navigation, HDR Photos, Front facing camera u can use as web cam but it cant do a customized ringtone,... way to go Apple...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You guys will have to take this ChrisGonzales90 guy with a grain of salt, he's proven himself an asshat in several posts...here again providing a link to nothing relevant to the post at hand...

SMS tones need to be opened up to customizing fully without a JB...we have ringtones, wallpapers, lock screen pictures...it seems like such a basic thing to have honestly.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods