Clear wrap or covering for the metal antenna ring for iPhone 4

parampreet

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
My iPhone 4 should be arriving in a week from now. I've already ordered a screen protector for the screen, and another transparent protector for the back of the phone. iPhone is such a beautiful looking device that I don't want to spoil its looks by putting it in a ugly, garish case.
Is there a clear wrap or covering for the metal antenna ring available online, which would give protection from the signal dropping issue, but keep the original look of the phone intact ?
I tried searching online, but haven't managed to find something so far.

Any help or pointers will be welcome.

parampreet

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm... I agree. But anyhow I won't mind some extra protection for the antenna ring.
In my previous handset, a BlackBerry Bold 9000, the metal (or faux metal) paint around the handset started peeling off after a while because of the leather case.

Roo Zilla

Dec 17, 2008
Visit site
Hmmm... I agree. But anyhow I won't mind some extra protection for the antenna ring.
In my previous handset, a BlackBerry Bold 9000, the metal (or faux metal) paint around the handset started peeling off after a while because of the leather case.

Since the metal is actually metal on the iPhone, it probably won't peel off. ;)

ladytonya

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
This is an old thread that has been brought back up, but I believe that Zagg came out with a full-body shield that has their clear covers on the front, back, and sides of the phone. I had a Zagg on mine until I got the Otterbox Defender. With the Defender, I had to take the Zagg off because it really affected the appearance of the screen.

Anyway, after reading the comments about waiting to see if you had the problem, I have been wondering lately how many people who were dropping calls were really having an issue with the antenna and how many were really experiencing the proximity sensor issue instead and just hanging up on people with their face? I never had the antenna issue and only had a mild problem with the sensor, but I did hang up on and mute a few people before whichever software update it was that improved that issue. Since that update, the only people I have hung up on were people that I wanted to hang up on! After almost 4 months, I can still honestly say that I LOVE THIS PHONE! :)

Reactions: FobBerry

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods