Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Default Lock-screen button issues

I want to update the OS in my fiance's iPhone 3g which is unlocked using ultrasn0w so it can work on T-mobile. Problem is there is a step in the unlocking process that requires you to hold down the power button for a certain amount of time.

The button on her phone doesn't work anymore (who knows why, it still clicks like it should). The phone is REALLY slow so I was thinking maybe the button only doesn't work because of a bug in the software or something.

Is there some way to get around this step or maybe is it possible that the button is good but I have a problem with the software that will be fixed when I update it?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    3,541 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    10B329

Wrong forum, but I'll try to be nice and help. If the unlock requires you putting the phone in DFU mode, then you must have a functional power button. There is NO way around it. Too bad.
    iPhone Nanite

You should check out zeetron
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

.... My lock-screen button at one point was making weird noises once I push down on it for a couple of days.