No Unlimited data?

How much data do you use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tibbi64

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I was just wondering if the no unlimited data is stopping anyone else from getting the new Iphone4? It is for me I'm with Verizon and use about 3 gbs. I have netflix so I would use that app. I also use slacker radio when I drive to work an hour commute. :( I am also holding out to see if Verizon get Iphone by next year. Which has been rumors for how many years? Just wondering how much data people here use and what apps you use?

Thanks,
Tiffany

MAGNUS

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
I use a bit of everything. Youtube, Netflix, on the web constantly throughout the day, and a lot of gps (Maps, RunKeeper, etc). I average about 600Mb a month.

MAGNUS

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
Also, my phone is Jb with MyWi so I occasionally take my iPad out and tether it and still average the same amount of usage. I believe the highest data recorded was just over 700Mb. That was the month I got my iPad.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
No. If you are on the road a lot, chances are you are near a wi-fi hotspot and can just use that. Matter of fact if your in a location that you know has wifi, why not just use the that? Save your data for when you need it.

Example. almost all Mcdonalds locations have free wifi. Same with most Starbucks, gas stations. Even local parks and some cites. If your in a location with free wifi, just use it!

ATT removed the unlimited because of the data hogs and that bogged up the network.

Roo Zilla

Dec 17, 2008
Visit site
I use anywhere between 1GB-6GB, it depends on what I'm doing that particular month. I still have the unlimited plan. I talked my friend into upgrading one of his lines for me and letting me have the i4.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Ironically, I never went over 2GB until they dropped the unlimited plan. Thankfully I was grandfathered in. Most of it is streaming audio I can't get over the air in a cleanroom.

Also, slacker is a perfectly acceptable choice to use while driving. Radio stinks and slacker rocks. Don't listen to the other guy.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Then listen to the normal radio like everyone else.

What exactly is your issue with a person using Slacker or Pandora or any other streaming radio app. If you have some kind of reason not to use it I am all ears, but so far you have added nothing to the discussion what so ever.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I use almost two gigs a month. I am willing to bet that ATT will drop unlimited data support in the next iPhone version next summer.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
What exactly is your issue with a person using Slacker or Pandora or any other streaming radio app. If you have some kind of reason not to use it I am all ears, but so far you have added nothing to the discussion what so ever.

did I say I say I had an issue? All I'm saying is if your driving you shouldnt really be playing with your phone. (I'd hate to be on the same road as you) If the app does not work with 3G then just wait till it does.

I use almost two gigs a month. I am willing to bet that ATT will drop unlimited data support in the next iPhone version next summer.

Na. They don't want to piss off custmorers who may very well move over to Verizion if the iPhone does come to the network.

Taco50

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
did I say I say I had an issue? All I'm saying is if your driving you shouldnt really be playing with your phone. (I'd hate to be on the same road as you) If the app does not work with 3G then just wait till it does.

Chris you seem slow. A radio app doesn't have you playing with your phone. Also it does work with 3G and that's why she's worried about going over 2gb.

Reactions: west3man

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711